cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workaround: How to create multiple accounts with the same email address ( Gmail Only )

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi guys, 

I know this is already on the works and has even been discussed in the "Labs".  Just wanted to give you a workaround on how to create mulitple accounts with the same email address.

On Gmail, you can have a different address with your same email by adding a "+" sign at the end. This creates a different email address and all emails sent to that address still go to your original gmail address

For instance:  

• If your email is: canadian123@gmail.com 

• To create a PM account for your mom: canadian123+mom@gmail.com

• For the kiddo: canadian123+kid@gmail.com

• For the wifey: canadian123+wife@gmail.com

All of those email addreses would go to canadian123@gmail.com, but it will allow you to create different accounts in PM.

I hope this help you guys,

JL.

PS: You could also use the "dot" technique, but that would be more difficult to remember:  https://gmail.googleblog.com/2008/03/2-hidden-ways-to-get-more-from-your.html

4 REPLIES 4

Another solution along the same lines (gmail only):

you can use a period in the email:

joeblow@gmail.com = joe.blow@gmail.com

You can place a period anywhere in the email before the @ symbol.

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Good point about the referrals.

You could use the same password for all accounts, just changing the email at the login scren. That would be easy.

Even better, you could use LastPass to handle all your passwords.

JL

Plus @jairolevi canadian123@gmail.com  can get the referral reward from each of those other accounts! Man Very Happy

Of course, one must still log into each account separately to make changes and set up payments.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @jairolevi,

This is very helpful hint.  I will remember it for other purposes when I give out my email address. Thanks for sharing.  

Need Help? Let's chat.