cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will i lose my referral bonus if i change my number?

AnthonyP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello i am looking to change my phone number and was wondering if i would lose the referral bonus i received if i do this. thanks any help is appreciated

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@AnthonyP wrote:

Hello i am looking to change my phone number and was wondering if i would lose the referral bonus i received if i do this. thanks any help is appreciated

@AnthonyP  As @jordan23  already pointed out rewards and add-ons are associated with your account and not your plan or phone number. You can change plans and your phone number as many times as your allowed without affecting your rewards or add-ons.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dna2016 wrote:

@AnthonyP as long as you use the change my number in your My Account portal, then you will not lose your referral credits.  The referral credit is tied to your account.  However if you decide to port your number out to another provider, or even port out within PM (which is not recommended, and I don;t think anyone really does this), then you cannot regain any prior referral credits you had in your previous account.

There's no porting numbers between accounts let alone "not recommended". There are only the two ways of changing a number. Port in or change it.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AnthonyP as long as you use the change my number in your My Account portal, then you will not lose your referral credits.  The referral credit is tied to your account.  However if you decide to port your number out to another provider, or even port out within PM (which is not recommended, and I don;t think anyone really does this), then you cannot regain any prior referral credits you had in your previous account.

AnthonyP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Awesome, thanks alot! 

jordan23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @AnthonyP , no you will not lose the referral bonus even if you change your number. Your referral rewards are linked to your account, not to your specific phone number.

Need Help? Let's chat.