cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was i not automatically upgraded? I pay for an old plan & you offer a new one for the same price

Shawn16420
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been a loyal customer for a couple of years, just topping up my account from my phone. I looked online which i rarely do just to find out Public Mobile has upraded the plan that I have always used and now includes Data. 

I wasn’t going to complain and just suck it up however I just renewed my service thinking that I will have the Data but no now it won’t activate until my next renewal in a month!

Why was I not informed?  You send me texts about other stuff?

Nothing like being a loyal customer and getting screwed out of something that I have actually been paying for!

Not being able to have a live operator to deal with makes your service very undesirable as well.

Guess it’s time to find a new Service Provider.

11 REPLIES 11

@Lorca 

I expected to see the old 25 plan with 20 tag. 

Another option you have is to go for 15 plan and buy 500 minutes add-on for $5. With unlimited incoming most of people don't need more than 100 minutes per month. 

The saving is substantial

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm sorry that happen to you but PM is a self-service mobile carrier for less and has no automatic upgrade options / offered to anyone.

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My son doesn't want data on his phone AT ALL, and has actually turned down a plan that is cheaper to stay data free. He wouldn't like it if he were automatically switched to a plan with data.

Think of it this way

Today there is no plan that is 30

There are people out there that have 30 plan with 500+500 data, they are not aware that they can get it for $25. And when they do find out they ask why wasn't I offered this.

Now we have 35 plan that gives 1g +500megs. If that plan becomes $30 tomorrow, those who are still on the old 30 plan will ask, well my plan should be 1.5 why wasn't I upgraded.

Some companies do call and tell you about the new plans, to be honest it's usually when you get much more for more. Or when they have sharp decline in customers.

Again they will not spam you unless you proactively sign up to get info about the deals.

Unless you are under pressure to get data, I would suggest that you postdate your switch so that you don't lose $25 you paid for the current service, as prepaid service they don't prorate.

Hope this helps

But I understand your frustrations, I had to manually switch when I realized there is extra 500 megs and I'm already on autopay. Then a friend wented to sign up and the plan was not there. 500+500 was 30 (then I was happy that they don't change it automatically) and he went  "schnitzel, if I did it two days ago..." But in couple of months I noticed and let him know... 

I suggest you sign up for those notifications so you don't miss out

I understand what you mean @Shawn16420 but it is actually another plan. Your plan is not offered anymore, when it disappeared, just before it disappeared another one came up it was $30 and had 500 Meg's, then it got bonus 500+500, then it disappeared and next week the new one for $25 500+500 appeared it was temporary for only about 2 months, then it disappeared and we got a new one for $30 500+500 Meg's. It lasted only about couple of months and in later spring of 2019 it was retired, couple of days later we got current 25 with 500+500. We don't know how long it will last. The price tag keeps switching too. 

So it is actually 30 plan that went down to 25 and the old 25 just became obsolete and taken out

I'm sorry this happened to you and it has happened to others, but public mobile is a self serve company for less: Purchase, activation and support.  That being said if your looking for a cell company that will look out for YOUR interest's I doubt you'll find one.

And I'm guessing you'll pay more for whatever they PROMISE you.

IF you're just venting like some others have done, try messaging @CS_Agent. We're just users like you here!

Shawn16420
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The plan in which I am refering to is not “another” plan.  It is the $25. Month plan that used to only include talk and text..... Public Mobile does not even offer it anymore!

They upgraded that plan to include data!

So if they upraded that plan and no longer offer it then I too should have been upgraded and not left to pay for old services.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

From what I understand here they give you the option of keeping your original plan if it's benificial for you. If not, you can switch it to the new one. And since this is a low cost carrier, it's up to the user to do it themselves. 

@Shawn16420 wrote:

I have been a loyal customer for a couple of years, just topping up my account from my phone. I looked online which i rarely do just to find out Public Mobile has upraded the plan that I have always used and now includes Data. 

I wasn’t going to complain and just suck it up however I just renewed my service thinking that I will have the Data but no now it won’t activate until my next renewal in a month!

Why was I not informed?  You send me texts about other stuff?

Nothing like being a loyal customer and getting screwed out of something that I have actually been paying for!

Not being able to have a live operator to deal with makes your service very undesirable as well.

Guess it’s time to find a new Service Provider.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you want to change plans then you need to request the change.  If you don't then your current plan is grand fathered and will continue.  

If you still need assistance then you could contact a moderator.

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help ->Click on Chat with Simon -  on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You will never be moved to another plan by an employee, this is something that we have to do ourselves from the selfserve.

You can sign up to be informed about new deals plans and promotions. You can enter your email at the bottom of the page https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans 

Again it is something that we have to do manually as many people are complaining about the spam even with the regular 100 and 611 that pm must inform us about.

For the community notifications you can manage/change them in "mysettings" of your community account. Those sms messages cannot be altered.

Hope this helps

Need Help? Let's chat.