cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the Selfserve website is so slow?????

PM88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It hardly response. Why so slow? 

14 REPLIES 14

@bimalraj wrote:

Maybe they care much about money than public citizens 😞

Never a good sign for customers when your provider isn't making money. Too many people don't understand that. Thats when you need to start doing your research in anticipation of moving to another supplier, yours is about to leave you high and dry with no service.

AE_Collector

Yup, @darlicious & @bimalraj 

I liken it to owning a K-car vs foreign models.

It's a 'nice reliant automobile' type of service, as one Canadian band [BNL] put it if they "Had a Million Dollars"  

@bimalraj 

Yes they do.....about saving you money! This is a used car youre driving not a new one.

bimalraj

Maybe they care much about money than public citizens 😞

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If I remember well, last year there was some testing about new and improved self-serve website. Does anyone know what is happening with that? I was hoping that would solve this 'cannot believe in 21st century' slowness..

Thanks. 

farmbot
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have found if you log in with the wrong password it rejects the blunder immediately.

If you use the correct log in the wheel spins and spins  to load.

Shameful this selfserve speed

A year or more ago there was an announcement that the slow Self Serve website response had been dealt up and resolved. I’m glad they let us know but I haven't figured out how to break the news to my iPad. I saw no change back then nor since then... it is always slow for me.

AE_Collector

@PM88 

Using secret/incognito will not improve response time in your account. It is slow generally compared to other sites because of the age of the system pm uses....there's not a lot we as users can do about that. However there are several factors that affect response time.

1. Your internet speed. The higher the speed the faster the response time.
  2. Do regular device maintenance. Reboot. Use a clear browser.
  3. Off peak times. The number of users online both locally using/sharing your internet service providers infastructure and/or service.
  4. And the number of users online accessing their self serve accounts/pm website.

Try accessing your account between 1 and 2am. You will find it much faster (relatively) at that time.

Edit: Patience....is 9 minutes enough time to get the answer to your problem if that is the only response? Good things come to those who wait.

We just like to let the others think we are, @PM88   🤫

Oracle365
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is there something specifically that's working slowly for you, or just everything? I wonder because when I load the website from my house, it's as fast as any other website. Although, when I loaded the website on another computer (at my friend's house), it was very slow. We both have the same internet provider, but we live in different areas of the Province. Weird?!

PM88

Sadly,  I didn't know PM customers are treated as third class customers (below Koodo) :< 

PCW
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I also find the website to be incredibly slow. I like to believe it's so slow because there are so many promos happening concurrently (Boxing Week and Chinese New Year). Here's to hoping that once these activations are complete, the site runs a little bit better. But who knows?  

I found it slow myself , too..
No difference for me for using incognito page as well.. and honest, that shouldn't make any difference in terms of speed anyway 🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @PM88 

This is a big pet peeve of users who need to access their selfserve regularly.

I suspect because Public Mobile is a 3rd tier level of service of Telus, (below Koodo), it delivers a 3rd tier experience.

Some people claim that using an incognito page makes a difference - - personally i have never found that to be the case.

Need Help? Let's chat.