cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there no public mobile app?

BreadCake
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public mobile's direct competitor, Lucky mobile has one. The parent company Telus has one. So how come there is no app for me to see my data usage and services? Is it in the works or is it just not happening?

9 REPLIES 9

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BreadCake 

because PM is different from competitors we get more for less, to keep costs down one way is no app

BearFBI

@Nezgar Oh wow. I didnt know that Lucky didn't have that.

One strike against Lucky Mobile for me was they don't allow any call forwarding, other than to voicemail...

Lucky's $15 plan limits both incoming and outgoing minutes, PM has unlimited incoming (and unlimited toll-free) - that and with autopay, it's actually only $13. And less with referrals and forum participation...

But yes.. Lucky has an app, and more international long distance calling and roaming options though. And data still works throttled to 128Kbps after your plan allotment is consumed.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@BreadCake probably, because there is no need. You can create a shortcut of the browser page leading to your self-service account, and it will serve you as an app.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@BreadCake if you want, you can create a shortcut and save the self serve page to your homescreen. 

BearFBI

@BreadCake Its not gonna happen anytime soon. Telus and its subsidiaries does things differently. They like to cut costs. Even Koodo cuts costs. Koodo got rid of their Mobile App. With Public you get a SIM card and service. Its just the Barebones of a carrier.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@BreadCake Welcome to PM.  Probably not happening.Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@BreadCake  My guess is it's not happening.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@BreadCake , there are a lot of features that competitors offer that Public Mobile does not.  Of course, Public Mobile offers a lot of features that other brands don't offer.  There have been a lot of talk about an app in the past.  There has been pretty much zero appetite to provide one.  There is movement afoot to make the self serve more user friendly.  Hopefully that will come soon.

Need Help? Let's chat.