cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is data almost gone?

Roramir
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why did I receive a warning that my data is almost all used up, when I already was charged for another month’s fee, but my data purchase not being renewed after 30 days, as well?

(Really only care about the data. And limited text. Almost non-existent phone call service.)

5 REPLIES 5

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Roramir wrote:

Why did I receive a warning that my data is almost all used up, when I already was charged for another month’s fee, but my data purchase not being renewed after 30 days, as well?

(Really only care about the data. And limited text. Almost non-existent phone call service.)

Check your usage on self serve accounnt. One time even after renewal date passed my data didn't reset. I took a screen shot and and sent it to a moderator. I explained what was going on. I told them when my renewal is. Be sure to include your name and number. After a quick investigation the moderator team found out it was reset on their side. The team went in and reset it to my actual usage after current renewal. The moderaters are very helpful.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

You're phone may have it's own built-in data tracker and the dates set, might be different than you PM cycle.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Roramir wrote:

@Roramir  Yes, you are correct the data counter should also reset after renewal that's why it's a good idea to go into selfserve after your renewal to make sure the data counter was reset.

If you believe that is not the case then you need to notify the moderator team to investigate.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Roramir wrote:

Check your usage details in the self-serve (not your phone) and add up data used since your last renewal. There have been the odd non-reset of data at renewal.

Edit: and was the warning from your phone or a text from Public Mobile saying either 75% or 95%?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Log into My Account / Data and Add-ons to review your data balance. Maybe the warning was incorrect.

Need Help? Let's chat.