cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I go up to two hours or more with no data?

Andiesin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok so I’m just starting my second month with PM and so far I’m far from happy. Month one went ok with very little disruption in my data. At first this month my data didn’t reset, and now that’s fixed. BUT yesterday and today I’ve gone at least 2 hours where I had to have a wifi connection. This morning so far I have had data for about 20 minutes but since then nothing. I’ve messaged the moderator but i just want to know if others have had this problem and how it was dealt with. Thanks 

18 REPLIES 18

@Andiesin wrote:

I know , I was really hoping someone else had same issue and had an idea how to fix 

@Andiesin  By any chance did your phone take a firmware update recently?. In some instances the update resets some of the settings to defaults and that might explain not being able to use data on your phone. Check all your data settings to make sure they are correct and make sure the correct APN settings are being selected/used.

Andiesin

I know , I was really hoping someone else had same issue and had an idea how to fix 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Andiesin wrote:

Ok so I’m just starting my second month with PM and so far I’m far from happy. Month one went ok with very little disruption in my data. At first this month my data didn’t reset, and now that’s fixed. BUT yesterday and today I’ve gone at least 2 hours where I had to have a wifi connection. This morning so far I have had data for about 20 minutes but since then nothing. I’ve messaged the moderator but i just want to know if others have had this problem and how it was dealt with. Thanks 

In your plan, how much data do you normally have ? Is it possible you've used up all your data for this period already ?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Andiesin wrote:

Why would reporting my phone as lost or stolen work? 

Reporting your phone found will run a piece of software to re-provision your plan features.  This trick is use to avoid waiting 2 - 3 days for mopderator.

Are you always in the same place when the cellular data doesn't work?  If yes, did the cellular data work in this location previously on SaskTel?

This could be a localized issue of a tower having issues, could be busy, could be knocked out.  Do you have a cellular data connect at times where you're seeing no data?

Unfortunately, as we are all customers just like you, the only actual support you'll get will be from moderators to fix an account or possible network issue.

I do not believe it is your APN settings, as generally if the APN is misconfigured, data will not work with few exceptions.

@Andiesin 

You probably need to wait for moderator response. 

We are all fellow customers like yourself. Just offering advice for possible fixes. If account issues, moderator help is needed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andiesin wrote:

I can’t add money it comes off my credit card monthly 

You can manually add any amount you like any time you like. You can also add money using vouchers.

Andiesin

I can’t add money it comes off my credit card monthly 

Andiesin

I have my phone to use wifi when on

near it yes. But I’ve even turned wifi off and tried just using data and then I get no service because I have no data at all. It’s been now 3 hours but I did have at first fir 20 minutes tops this morning. I’m using LTE.. but never had a problem with this phone on Sasktel using LTE. I’ve taken out SIM card put back in restarted my phone , checked my settings and I’m just getting frustrated. Especially since this all started happening when my plan reset yesterday. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andiesin wrote:

Suspending service and then resuming service this way seems to be successful in resetting the service on many occasions. Another weird method is to add a nominal amount into the account.

Andiesin

Andiesin

I don’t have another phone and I don’t know why all of a sudden it would be my phone when it literally worked my first month fine with just a few small data interruptions.

Andiesin

I’ve checked all my settings and they are correct and my data reset yesterday. 

Fergusson

It also sounds to me like there might be a problem with your APN settings. I made a mistake with my wife's phone for the first few days until I realized what the problem was. Once that is set you could then confirm you are on WiFi as well.

Once the setup was done I can't be happier with our Public Mobile service. I am getting more service for much less price. Great value in my humble opinion.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Andiesin wrote:

Ok so I’m just starting my second month with PM and so far I’m far from happy. Month one went ok with very little disruption in my data. At first this month my data didn’t reset, and now that’s fixed.

Smiley Happy

BUT yesterday and today I’ve gone at least 2 hours where I had to have a wifi connection.

Normally phones are setup that when there is an available Wi-Fi connection it is preferred over using data. Is that not the case with your configuration? Of do you mean that you data went down and you had to use an open WiFi connection?

This morning so far I have had data for about 20 minutes but since then nothing. I’ve messaged the moderator but i just want to know if others have had this problem and how it was dealt with. Thanks 

Are you using an LTE or 3G connection for data? What type of phone are you using?. Data over LTE in my case is very stable and has never gone down.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Andiesin 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  There have not been significant number of reports in the last week with established customers with data disruptions.  New customers sometimes have issues with data due to activation issues, APN Settings, etc.  But, you have been with PM for more than one month.  

You probably tried re-booting your phone.  Maybe try a network reset.  Check your APN Settings to make sure correct.  Check your self service account to make sure you still have data left.  

Could you try your SIM card in another phone to determine whether it is hardware/phone issue versus PM service issue?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could try the lost phone trick.

To report your phone stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-onstab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.

Also try putting sim in a second slot if you have one or into another phone to test.  Make sure your APN setting are correct.  https://apn-canada.gishan.net/

Need Help? Let's chat.