cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why My Data Plan Changed after Add-on?

PlanSeeker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve been with public mobile for over 2 years. My data plan had always been LTE but last month after I purchased an add-on data, the plan changed to 3G even after the 1G of add-on data have been used up.

How can I get LTE back?

7 REPLIES 7

PlanSeeker

Sorry, I found out the problem. LTE on my phone was not enabled.

thanks for your help.

@PlanSeeker  Likely your phone network selection is set to Auto and the 3G signal is stronger in that area. For LTE only set it to LTE.

What is make/model of your phone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@PlanSeeker wrote:

There was no such thing as 3G plan the time I joined, it was LTE. So don’t tell me my base plan is 3G.

@PlanSeeker  We're just people on the community trying to help you so we will tell you what we want to tell you. Either listen or don't.

I am on a 3g plan, and my phone says LTE.

If your phone says 3G, its either because of the network signal, or because your phone has manually selected 3G. It's not because of the plan you are on.

Go into your phone network settings and make sure its set to lte prefered, if its already set to lte, then set it to 3g, then back to lte, reconnect to the network. Maybe your phone hardware has an issue, maybe your phone needs to be rebooted, maybe your modem software is corrupt. The LTE and 3G are different and it doesn't matter what plan you are on, you can connect to both as long as your phone supports it.

PlanSeeker

There was no such thing as 3G plan the time I joined, it was LTE. So don’t tell me my base plan is 3G.

PlanSeeker

It’s on my phone that says 3G and the speed has noticeably much slower and don’t tell me it’s the signal in the area. Every where I go, it’s always says 3G compared to the past, it was always LTE and the speed was much faster.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@PlanSeeker , please post a screen cap of your plan details so the community can assist with reviewing your concern.  Do not include any personal information.  

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@PlanSeeker wrote:

I’ve been with public mobile for over 2 years. My data plan had always been LTE but last month after I purchased an add-on data, the plan changed to 3G even after the 1G of add-on data have been used up.

How can I get LTE back?

@PlanSeeker  Do you mean on your phone it says 3G instead of LTE now, or your plan details have changed in self serve? Add-on data should be at the same speed as base plan data.

If its not the phone, and its your plan can you make some screen shots of your account history which will show which plan had and is being billed?

Need Help? Let's chat.