jackdaniel9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Where is «Build Your Own Plan» ?

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

ruckuschica
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This! I love PM and when I referred people, the BYOP was a major selling point. I deal with many seniors in my community who don't need texting or some of the other "frills", and being able to customize your plan really goes a long way to being affordable for these people.

They need to bring back the Build Your Own Plan!!

thomask
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Agreed.  I know a few people it was perfect for.  Mainly bare bones needs but yeah...

@thomask wrote:

I had a bit of extra money due to Christmas and was going to change over to 90day plan...  then I saw that it went bye-bye along with the BYOP ability, that really miffed me off. 😞

Most of it wasn't a good buy anyways but choice would have been nice.

thomask

I had a bit of extra money due to Christmas and was going to change over to 90day plan...  then I saw that it went bye-bye along with the BYOP ability, that really miffed me off. 😞

@Daps wrote:

There's nothing to see here. It's time to move on.

Maybe just maybe one day, it will be back.

Why would it come back? They got rid of it because the plans were bad and almost everyone took the featured plans.

thomask

Damnit, I didn't see the announcement on that... I've been telling everyone up til today about BYOP on Public Mobile...

I'm probably responsible for a few of the puzzled people looking for it (most which probably didnt create a forum account to bitch)

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There's nothing to see here. It's time to move on.

Maybe just maybe one day, it will be back.

SherryK

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

dariovitale1

They deleted it cause even the most basic service in that costed more than the more attractive and selling already made prepaid plans.

dickwong

That's exactly what Canadian telecom industry is famous of.

@jackdaniel9 wrote:

I bought my plan with Virgin, 16gb LTE of data $ 65 / month, sim card free.

Also I do not like the new website and plans

I'm quite happy for you, but that's way too much data, and the price is way too much for a month's service.  I'll stick with my current plan, here at Public Mobile.

jackdaniel9

I bought my plan with Virgin, 16gb LTE of data $ 65 / month, sim card free.

Also I do not like the new website and plans

Hey @Alan_K and @Dave_M, at least the 10th thread asking about the plan builder. Seems like a few folks still like the option of BYOP around here.  I know if the 90-day plans were to be returned to the cost savings that the 30 day ready made plans became, many people would be still interested.

I love my 90-day plan, and my Real Speed 4G plan. Let’s bring them back for others o love them again.  If your company is truly about doing things differently, why not bring back what did so well before? Stop being followers in the Triopoly that is the Canadian Wireless market.  Innovate.  Give the subscribers real choice.

arianaad
Unavailable 😞

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jackdaniel9 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

For more information about the recent changes including loosing the build your plan can be found on this announcement thread. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Exciting-changes-to-our-brand-and-custo...

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@jackdaniel9 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

It's no more. You can only choose ready-made plans.

@jackdaniel9   they have a good lineup of premade plans, check them out! 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@jackdaniel9  hi it.s gone with the wind !!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jackdaniel9 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Build your own plan function is no longer offered by PM.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jackdaniel9 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

@jackdaniel9  Gone, unfortunately not available anymore. ☹️

Need Help? Let's chat.