cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to set up multiple lines under one roof/account

ken8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I currently have multiple lines on Rogers.  My intention is to move the lines to Public.

Currently I moved one of the lines over and have used my personal email address on the account.   I now understand I have to set up multiple accounts in Public for all my lines.  Multple lines under one roof/account is not an option but it is what I want to simulate.  What is the best way to continue?  Should I set up alias to my gmail account for each of the lines that I pay for?  Alternatively I could use gmail's flexible email options for each of my accounts.   This is my preferred option.

For example

say my email address is firstName.lastName@gmail.com

I could set up accounts using
firstName.lastName+ChildName1@gmail.com,
firstName.lastName+ChildName2@gmail.com,

firstName.lastName+ChildName3@gmail.com 

and so on...

When anyone sends an email to any one of the above email address it will arrive in my email box firstName.lastName@gmail.com

My goal is to have all public emails sent to any one of these Child email address come to my main email address. 

1. Will Public allow for accounts to be created with 'child' emails as shown above? 
  2. Can I change the email address of my existing Public Account to follow this convention?

Thanks everyone!

5 REPLIES 5

@ken8 

AND... if you change your email address for your PM account, change it for here on the Community to the EXACT same email address. EXACT as in upper/lower case letters identically the same as well. You are able to change your Community email address yourself. 

The reason I mention this is PM uses email addresses to connect Community Account with Cell Plan Account in the case that you participate a little here on the forum aNd earn a Community Reward. If the email addresses aren’t identical (including case), you wont receive your reward.

AE_Collector

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

Yes that is valid email for public mobile account, some (for example fongo) will reject it as invalid email address. If you ever have issues you can also insert . anywhere in your Gmail to get the same effect 

The only way to change it is to go through moderators uf it's set.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ken8   multiple accounts using email aliases are acceptable. However, keep them under 30 characters.  There seems to be a hard limit of 30 characters on the sign up page. And don't forget to use your referral code for for the referrer $1 per 30 day cycle and the one time referree $10 credit. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@ken8 yes if you follow your own procedure it can be done.

contact customer support to change your own email

type "change self serve email"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

@ken8 

Sorry, but as you've discovered, you can't activate mulitiple lines under one account. Each needs to be seperate.

You can use e-mail e-mail aliases as you've asked about.

To properly change the e-mail address for your self serve account, you need to open a ticket and ask a moderator to do it by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat .

Need Help? Let's chat.