cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: What do I do if my phone is lost or stolen?

Yes it does, thanks Smiley Happy

Hopefully I won't have to benefit from that good news!

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What I do I don't know??
Mayor / Maire

Did you read the very first post in this thread?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

Hi all,

I got another theorical question here... Lets say you lose your phone, then declare it lost/stolen, and then you are lucky and find it back... Can you reactivate it right away or you need a new SIM?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ooh, good one. I assume that'll you'll have to activate a new SIM, but not sure if you contact them to reactivate the same SIM since you have the number. Not sure if it'll work with Self Serve online tho.
Mayor / Maire

@Someone_here wrote:

Hi all,

I got another theorical question here... Lets say you lose your phone, then declare it lost/stolen, and then you are lucky and find it back... Can you reactivate it right away or you need a new SIM?

Tried it, you can activate/deactivate the "lost/stolen" status by yourself, in the selfserve, and it takes effect immediately as you do it. No need for new SIM.

Mayor / Maire

@Clagnar wrote:
Sorry for the late reply. When I suspended my account due to lost phone/stolen 15 days into plan, when I got a new phone and SIM, then Reactiveted plan, I still had 15 days left starting from that day. As far as I know it, your plan will take into affect once you activate your phone again and a new renewal date will be based on that. I was truly happy that I was not losing any days or time on my prepaid plan. Hope this helps.

As a follow up, I reported my account as "lost/stolen" for 4 days, and then reactivated it. My renewal date did not changed, so these 4 days are lost.

4 weeks ago
Sorry for the late reply. When I suspended my account due to lost phone/stolen 15 days into plan, when I got a new phone and SIM, then Reactiveted plan, I still had 15 days left starting from that day. As far as I know it, your plan will take into affect once you activate your phone again and a new renewal date will be based on that. I was truly happy that I was not losing any days or time on my prepaid plan. Hope this helps.
Mayor / Maire

Yes I had seen your reply and that was great news, however it is not behaving the same in my case... I can't say why...

Re: Public Mobile Should have a Guide in regards to LOST/STOLEN Handsets

To these people:

Step 1

Thank your lucky stars that you've been so fortunate! 

Step 2

Go to your local REPUTABLE carrier

Step 3

Never look back!