cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I do if my phone is lost or stolen?

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

If your Phone is lost or stolen, you can suspend your service by logging into your Self Serve account > Plan and Add-ons > Lost/Stolen Phone > Suspend Service. 

step 8.PNG

You can order a new SIM card by sending us an email via Contact Us link. Please follow this article to see how you can order SIM card. Once you receive your new SIM card, you can change the SIM card number on your account via Self Serve by going to Plan and Add-ons > Change SIM card number and resume your service by going to Plan and Add-ons > Lost/Stolen Phone > Resume Service.

53 REPLIES 53

Jalilah-Ab
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That would be easy enough but the two factor authentication sends the code to the lost phone 🤷🏻‍♀️ I can’t even get in to add a new SIM card 

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Also if you have an iPhone erase and lock it remotely.

@Dkilcup098 wrote:

Report it to your local police services or your phone company

Dkilcup098

Report it to your local police services or your phone company

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rachel92

Unless you are a legacy customer, there is no phone number ot call.  You will need to contact moderator for more assistance.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code

Rachel92
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi guys, I am still having problems, does anyone have the number for public mobile? 

Rachel92

Yeah and every time I do that, it takes me to the payment page but a message at the top says if your account has been suspended but if have added payment please ignore this message

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rachel92 wrote:

Hi, I previously lost my phone so suspended my public mobile account. I then brought a new phone and got a new public mobile SIM card. I followed the steps below and added the new SIM card number. I brought a voucher from London drugs and called *611 and topped up. My account now says I have $43 of credit but that my account is still suspended. I tried adding another top up but it would not allow me to (nor do I reallly want to). 

How do I get my service working again!? 

Thanks! 

@Rachel92 did you do this part? (specifically the part I bolded)

@Lachlan_M wrote:

You can order a new SIM card by sending us an email via Contact Us link. Please follow this article to see how you can order SIM card. Once you receive your new SIM card, you can change the SIM card number on your account via Self Serve by going to Plan and Add-ons > Change SIM card number and resume your service by going to Plan and Add-ons > Lost/Stolen Phone > Resume Service.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Rachel92 wrote:

Hi, I previously lost my phone so suspended my public mobile account. I then brought a new phone and got a new public mobile SIM card. I followed the steps below and added the new SIM card number. I brought a voucher from London drugs and called *611 and topped up. My account now says I have $43 of credit but that my account is still suspended. I tried adding another top up but it would not allow me to (nor do I reallly want to). 

Thanks! 

@Rachel92

The "stupid" question first: Did you actually unsuspend the service once you put in your new sim?

If yes, try to go through the lost / found sequence again (with a couple of minutes between the two steps. It hopefully resets your service.

Rachel92

Thanks! 

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jessicca wrote:

Set up auto pay

@makkahn28 wrote:

If you have LOST your HANDSET, OR, your HANDSET was STOLEN, LOG INTO YOUR SELF-SERVE, Then click the Plans and Add-ons toggle, then look for the LOST/STOLEN Phone Toggle, and follow instructions to SUSPEND your ACCOUNT to PREVENT others from USING your LOST/STOLEN Handset.

ALSO, YOU SHOULD DE-LIST Your CREDIT CARD/ Visa/MC Debit to prevent further unauthorized action

@jessicca you should start a new threads, you will able to get more help, report your phone is lost, suspend your account right away, removed you CC from the account 

jessicca

Set up auto pay

@makkahn28 wrote:

If you have LOST your HANDSET, OR, your HANDSET was STOLEN, LOG INTO YOUR SELF-SERVE, Then click the Plans and Add-ons toggle, then look for the LOST/STOLEN Phone Toggle, and follow instructions to SUSPEND your ACCOUNT to PREVENT others from USING your LOST/STOLEN Handset.

ALSO, YOU SHOULD DE-LIST Your CREDIT CARD/ Visa/MC Debit to prevent further unauthorized action

@ravi_georgian wrote:

Press forgot password and go from there

That is still broken Smiley Frustrated

ravi_georgian

Press forgot password and go from there

mattspec

To these people:

Step 1

Thank your lucky stars that you've been so fortunate! 

Step 2

Go to your local REPUTABLE carrier

Step 3

Never look back!

Yes I had seen your reply and that was great news, however it is not behaving the same in my case... I can't say why...

Clagnar
4 weeks ago
Re: What do I do if my phone is lost or stolen?
Sorry for the late reply. When I suspended my account due to lost phone/stolen 15 days into plan, when I got a new phone and SIM, then Reactiveted plan, I still had 15 days left starting from that day. As far as I know it, your plan will take into affect once you activate your phone again and a new renewal date will be based on that. I was truly happy that I was not losing any days or time on my prepaid plan. Hope this helps.

@Clagnar wrote:
Sorry for the late reply. When I suspended my account due to lost phone/stolen 15 days into plan, when I got a new phone and SIM, then Reactiveted plan, I still had 15 days left starting from that day. As far as I know it, your plan will take into affect once you activate your phone again and a new renewal date will be based on that. I was truly happy that I was not losing any days or time on my prepaid plan. Hope this helps.

As a follow up, I reported my account as "lost/stolen" for 4 days, and then reactivated it. My renewal date did not changed, so these 4 days are lost.

@Someone_here wrote:

Hi all,

I got another theorical question here... Lets say you lose your phone, then declare it lost/stolen, and then you are lucky and find it back... Can you reactivate it right away or you need a new SIM?

Tried it, you can activate/deactivate the "lost/stolen" status by yourself, in the selfserve, and it takes effect immediately as you do it. No need for new SIM.

Clagnar
Ooh, good one. I assume that'll you'll have to activate a new SIM, but not sure if you contact them to reactivate the same SIM since you have the number. Not sure if it'll work with Self Serve online tho.

Hi all,

I got another theorical question here... Lets say you lose your phone, then declare it lost/stolen, and then you are lucky and find it back... Can you reactivate it right away or you need a new SIM?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Did you read the very first post in this thread?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

RAZAno
What I do I don't know??

Yes it does, thanks 🙂

Hopefully I won't have to benefit from that good news!

Clagnar

@Someone_here wrote:

@Someone_here wrote:

@Someone_here wrote:

Hi there! ( @Shazia_K ?)

Short question for you guys... Lets say I am 20 days into my 30 day plan, and that I suspend my account due to lost/stolen phone. When I get my account activated again, will I be able to use my last 10 unused days?

Thanks!

@Shazia_K, @Mary_M?

@Simon_O

@Shazia_K

Sorry to keep posting, but it's been more than a week a nobody seems to see this post...

Don't want to harass you I'm sorry again... Anybody has a clue?

@Someone_here wrote:

@Someone_here wrote:

Hi there! ( @Shazia_K ?)

Short question for you guys... Lets say I am 20 days into my 30 day plan, and that I suspend my account due to lost/stolen phone. When I get my account activated again, will I be able to use my last 10 unused days?

Thanks!

@Shazia_K, @Mary_M?

@Simon_O

@Someone_here wrote:

Hi there! ( @Shazia_K ?)

Thanks!

@Shazia_K, @Mary_M?

Hi there! ( @Shazia_K ?)

Thanks!

Centreleft

Thanks for the feedback. It's appreciated!

Need Help? Let's chat.