Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website Validation Errors

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@Beatrice_AG 

@CS_Agent 

So apparently new self serve website is not working to validate ID

Says "link is expired" (despite this link just being sent today)

expired.jpg

15 REPLIES 15

@Mary_M 

Just a follow up kinda

Roxanne sent me another validation link today for my account

This validation link works (or at least appears to) via the password option

Do pass on that for those of us managing multiple accounts the sending a PIN to the actual phone # is kinda useless sometimes

(The blurb for "why we do this" says something about making sure editing your own personal account on your behalf but in many cases such as mine that is not really accurate though)

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @kav2001c,

while we'll still bring this up, please try to clear your cache/cookies and access the link again. Let me know if the issue persists or not 😉

Thanks,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Oh... my mistake.  Thanks for the clarity.

@stonechucker 

Oh you are talking about something totally different

This is the VALIDATION tool (the new one)

Nothing to do with reset passwords etc

This is the tool Public introduced to streamline interactions with mods when they are making changes to your account

@kav2001c, yes, I understand that's what suppose to happen, however, I believe there was a stipulation to use the link within a certain number of hours, or it would expire automatically.

As I've said many times, I can't get the link via email to even test it further.   I have yet to get the email at all.

Lucky for me, I use a password manager and don't rely on a faulty reset password email set up.

@stonechucker 

Same day sent + click so unless they normally expire in hours....

@stonechucker wrote:

The expired link is more likely because it was sent late after being created, OR, the person receiving the email didn't use it before the link expired.

For me, getting the link even if expired would progress, as I don't get the email with a link sent when I test the system.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kav2001c wrote:

UPDATE -

Even more bizarro land stuff

Received a new email from @Razvan_A 

Public is now going back to the old system (asking me to verify in email my number + PIN) so something is def wrong with online validation system

Seems you're right. Someone else said something about an invalid link in another thread.

UPDATE -

Even more bizarro land stuff

Received a new email from @Razvan_A 

Public is now going back to the old system (asking me to verify in email my number + PIN) so something is def wrong with online validation system

The expired link is more likely because it was sent late after being created, OR, the person receiving the email didn't use it before the link expired.

For me, getting the link even if expired would progress, as I don't get the email with a link sent when I test the system.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kav2001c wrote:

@Alex888 

Huh password?

No this is the new web validation tool

@Anonymous 

Obv PM was sent this is more to show break in the new tool they just launched

If it was broken then why haven't we heard from a bunch of customers asking why they got an expired link response?

We have seen on many occassions that the mods have posted the link publicly, we can click on it and it comes up with the validation page properly. They do expire in an uncertain amount of time.

@Alex888 

Huh password?

No this is the new web validation tool

@Anonymous 

Obv PM was sent this is more to show break in the new tool they just launched

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since he's a Mayor then he ought to have known to send his observation to the mods via private message.

Just sayin'.

@Lieux LOL, didn't see that.

@Alex888 wrote:

@kav2001cTry using the Chrome browser in incognito mode. It looks like you are trying to reset you password? If you are and it still doesn't work in Chrome then you will need to contact a moderator, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Hi HiSmiley LOL @kav2001c he's one of the mayor of the site! @Alex888 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@kav2001cTry using the Chrome browser in incognito mode. It looks like you are trying to reset you password? If you are and it still doesn't work in Chrome then you will need to contact a moderator, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.