cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was double charged and still can't make calls after changing a plan.

brl48
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My credit card number expired and autopay didn't go through. I inputted a new credit card, but then it said that I had an invalid plan. So I went to choose a plan for 90 days and it charged me $45 dollars. However, after switching to this plan I still cannot make calls. Something about "not having a plan for long distance". So I went back in and selected the plan again and it charged me another $120 dollars. After all this, I still cannot make calls from my phone.

5 REPLIES 5

brl48
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I have reached out to Moderator_Team via PM. Fingers are crossed.

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @brl48,

This is very similar to my situation when I first joined PM, it's very difficult to be patience when you belive things should be up and running after selecting a plan and complete payment, now to see that the phone is still not working.

Just like you did, I impatiently selected another plan and got charged again. Long story short, I quickly contacted the moderators with my number and 4 digit PIN, explained the situation. In no time, my account was credited back and my phone started working. Though the waiting time now is longer, but the moderators are still the best bet to solve this issue.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

try the both the tricks in this post.  dont forget to reboot phone after trying each one.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

it worked for me the other day i ended up doing both.

as fo r teh double charge contact the mods they will 99% credit your account (not cc) the cost of one of the  plans,

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@brl48 wrote:

My credit card number expired and autopay didn't go through. I inputted a new credit card, but then it said that I had an invalid plan. So I went to choose a plan for 90 days and it charged me $45 dollars. However, after switching to this plan I still cannot make calls. Something about "not having a plan for long distance". So I went back in and selected the plan again and it charged me another $120 dollars. After all this, I still cannot make calls from my phone.

I assumed that you have a plan with long distance call included.  You account was not provisioned correctly if you get "not having a plan for long distance".message. Do the stolen/lost phone trick to run the provisioning softerware again.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You will need to contact the mods to fix that issue. Never change your plan like that if something goes wrong. Each time you change your plan you throw away any remaining usage from your old plan. The credit does not transfer to the new plan. I'm sure you can have this sorted out for you though.

There are a few things you can try when your phone isn't acting properly on the PM Network. 
1) Rebooting the phone and/or ejecting and replacing the SIM will cause the phone to attempt to reconnect to the network. It might work.

2) There is another trick if you report your phone as lost, wait 15-20 minutes or so, then remove the report it will reactivate your phone. It should help with that as well.

3) Try another phone if you have it just to make sure your SIM isn't damaged and the phone isn't locked. Since you likely were using the same phone, odds are pretty high it isn't a locked phone issue.

4) Check to see if you are connected to the network in general. PM sometimes has issues with connectivity.

Need Help? Let's chat.