cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail mailbox number

chantalsabourin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have ported my home number to my public mobile account (already with public mobile with another number, but cancelled home phone and ported over that number to public mobile), and somehow the voicemail doesn't work any longer.

I have resetted my vm password to my 10 digit phone number in self-serve, but my problem doesn't really involve passwords (i think).

When I call my vm (from my cellphone), I get a message asking if i

want Eng(1), Fre(2), or Chi(3). I choose 1.

Then the vm lady asks: To access your messages enter your

mailbox number and press * during your greeting OR to leave a message, enter the number of the person you are calling.

I have tried many things: my previous vm password

(which didn't work so I reset my password, and that didn't work either),

numbers 0 to 9, *, #. I can't figure out how to get into vm or set it up again.

This is a week after a number port. I suspect that the voicemail service

has not been moved over. I probably need a Public Mobile tech to sort

this out ASAP!

Hope there's a workaround, thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chantalsabourin 

Your phone is calling your old voicemail number. There's no Chinese option here.

This post has the list of voicemail access numbers. Call any one of them manually and you should be able to get in to your voicemail here. You'll need to set the voicemail call forwarding options to one of them in your dialer. There might be a setting for the press and hold 1 access...not sure.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@chantalsabourin hi did you set up a voicemail with PM or are you trying to access your old voicemail? Your old one would now be out of service for you

ooakosiryan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@chantalsabourin wrote:

I have ported my home number to my public mobile account (already with public mobile with another number, but cancelled home phone and ported over that number to public mobile), and somehow the voicemail doesn't work any longer.

I have resetted my vm password to my 10 digit phone number in self-serve, but my problem doesn't really involve passwords (i think).

When I call my vm (from my cellphone), I get a message asking if i

want Eng(1), Fre(2), or Chi(3). I choose 1.

Then the vm lady asks: To access your messages enter your

mailbox number and press * during your greeting OR to leave a message, enter the number of the person you are calling.

I have tried many things: my previous vm password

(which didn't work so I reset my password, and that didn't work either),

numbers 0 to 9, *, #. I can't figure out how to get into vm or set it up again.

This is a week after a number port. I suspect that the voicemail service

has not been moved over. I probably need a Public Mobile tech to sort

this out ASAP!

Hope there's a workaround, thanks,

Hmmm I think by porting your number from your home number to public mobile, you're not keeping the same voicemail service. So it makes sense that your old password wouldn't work.

You'd be setting up a new voicemail. There's an article here on how to set up voicemail. If you try that and it doesn't work, you may need to contact a Moderator.

To send a private message to the Moderator Team, click here. Response time can be from a couple hours to a couple business days.

Hope you're able to resolve your issue! Keep us updated!

Need Help? Let's chat.