cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
socialserviette
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Voicemail Password Activation Error

I am trying to setup my public mobile voicemail for the first time, however the 4-15 digit password it asks you to input is never accepted, the response is simply “invalid entry, please re-enter your password”. I’ve tried several different passwords. Couldn’t find anyone else with this problem. Any help would be much appreciated! 

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: Voicemail Password Activation Error

@socialserviette wrote:

ya im gonna need these minutes till my next monthly period, but i sense you really like to get to the bottom of these things, so I will be sure to let you know what the moderators say and i will ask them what the underlying problem really was. Its very obvious you know what you are doing with all this stuff though. Is it career experience?

I'm an old computer techy kinda guy. I like to figure stuff out. I hate losing. It's just a stupid piece of hardware and some imperfect software that'll only do what it's told.

Mostly just reading alot and learning from others for this stuff.

Don't get too hung up on official wording around here. Some is right. Others don't match reality. The whole idea here is to save money. No other provider has the four different kinds of rewards available to lessen the cost. And the plans are competitive. Unfortunately, this place really only responds to others, not lead. But they often do compete.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Lieux
Oracle

@socialserviette wrote:

I am trying to setup my public mobile voicemail for the first time, however the 4-15 digit password it asks you to input is never accepted, the response is simply “invalid entry, please re-enter your password”. I’ve tried several different passwords. Couldn’t find anyone else with this problem. Any help would be much appreciated! 

Thanks!

Your password was set up during your sim activation. Do you remember it? Or it was sent to you by text ..If you still can't find it you can write a message to the moderator here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@socialserviette wrote:

Thanks!

It's the phone number.

Or...go into the self-serve and reset the voicemail password. It becomes the phone number. Then you can do initial set up from a different phone if you're on a limited plan.

socialserviette

Appreciate the quick response! Thank you.

Frustratingly enough though, neither of those suggestions have worked. Although is the second solution u mentioned only doable from someone else’s phone? Maybe that’s it.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@socialserviette, have you created your My Account / Self Serve account yet?  Once signed in if you have, no the right side of the overview page, there is a link to click (on any web browser) to reset the password for voice mail.

Once reset - it will be the 10-digit phone number.

If you haven't yet signed up for the account there is a link to register on this page:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

Post edited : Corrected link - stonechucker

socialserviette

Yes I have created the self-serve account and did reset my voicemail password. My phone number still wouldn’t work. Interestingly when I was looking in iOS settings there is an option to reset the voicemail password there. I tried that, and it still didn’t work, probably because the action didn’t go through however, as the screen did not show any confirmation, instead a seemingly frozen screen with “saving...”. 

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@socialserviette wrote:

Appreciate the quick response! Thank you.

Frustratingly enough though, neither of those suggestions have worked. Although is the second solution u mentioned only doable from someone else’s phone? Maybe that’s it.

You can do initial set up on the phone or if you reset the password then on another phone. It only matters if you have a limited minutes plan. If not then just do it all on the phone.

Either way, the password really should have been your phone number from the start.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@socialserviette wrote:

Yes I have created the self-serve account and did reset my voicemail password. My phone number still wouldn’t work. Interestingly when I was looking in iOS settings there is an option to reset the voicemail password there. I tried that, and it still didn’t work, probably because the action didn’t go through however, as the screen did not show any confirmation, instead a seemingly frozen screen with “saving...”. 

So to be sure...

you reset your voicemail password in the self-serve

You maybe pressed and held the 1 key in your dialer

you got to the voicemail response

did it ask for a password?

what happened when you typed in your phone number?

Or...are you even able to get to your voicemail?

what is your area code and prefix (don't tell us the last 4 digits)

socialserviette

Thanks for all the help. Yes I get into the voicemail, and after putting in my phone number it says “invalid entry, please re-enter your password”. 

socialserviette

Additionally, yes I do have a limited minutes plan, but how would I be able to access my voicemail from another phone/phone number? Or maybe I’m reading that wrong. I really wish I had someone to call, but I do know that because there isn’t any phone services there is lower prices, which I much rather favour. Maybe my sim is corrupt or something, I’m really not seeing any solution. Perhaps the Apple settings option to change my voicemail password is messing with the Public Mobile end of the change. Lol I just want my voicemail.

Need Help? Let's chat.