cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Debit

jclarke1983
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

I'm new to public mobile and I'm trying to activate my sim card. It keeps rejecting my visa debit card. I have money in my bank account so why does it keep rejecting it?

Filled it in exactly with spaces and without space and still it keeps getting rejected.

I'm not porting my number from a different provider. I want a brand new number.

Can someone please help?

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nicolecurrie21, Try sending a private message to the moderators, and ask them to set it up for you.  I would check with the bank to make sure no money was taken when it wasn;t supposed to be. 

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Nicolecurrie21
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes it is. I just tried again and still no working. 

@Nicolecurrie21 wrote:

Hi there. I’m having this same issue. 

This thread is over 2 years old and it still is the same unresolved issue

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Nicolecurrie21
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi there. I’m having this same issue. 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @jclarke1983

You're more than welcome! 😄

Enjoy!!

Shazia.

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

jclarke1983

I just like to let everybody here on the community know that Shazia_K was able to help me set up my account. Still wasnt able to activate the visa debit optioin but I'm sure Public Mobile will fix this soon. I'am so glad that I'm on an affordable plan with a solid network. I have been with Rogers for a very long time but I cannot justify paying their price plans anymore.

Thank you Shazia_K and Public Mobile

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @jclarke1983,

I am sorry to see that you are not able to activate your SIM card on our website, I will be glad to assist you and help you activate the account. Once this is done, we will then port your number over to your Public Mobile account.

Please view your private messages.

Thanks,

Shazia.

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

jclarke1983

I followed up with my bank and no fund were taken. Made sure my debit visa card is active and it is. Really would like to get the serivce but it seems like it aint going to happen. Guess Ill try Wind Mobile for now and when Telus/Public Mobile gets the site working properly I give them another try. Really trying to escape from Rogers...

@jclarke1983 Your concern is absolutely valid. If I were you, I'd check my account to make sure the money has not been withdrawn, before I proceed.

That said, others on this community have complained about Visa debit being declined before, so it's entirely plausible that the debit card is inadvertently being denied by the PM payment system, and that the charge is simply not going through.

jclarke1983

my main concern is that they do not take the money out of my account. I have tried more twice.

Mayor / Maire

@jclarke1983 A lot of others have had problems with Visa debit & AmEx in the past. See if you can try a different card, and make sure everything you enter is exactly as shown on your bank statement.

Need Help? Let's chat.