cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Re: Very annoyed auto payment didn't go through now no cell plan

@Bear2 

Public mobile has some serious explaining to do for customers who have renewed in the past 24 hours.

I would make a manual payment through * 611 and take screenshots of your available funds before and after.

If you run into any trouble with public mobile taking more than one payment, and the extra payment does not show up in your available funds, I would be putting a ticket through to the moderators.

View solution in original post

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Bear2 

If this impacted me, and making a manual payment did not help, I'd certainly be putting a ticket through to moderators.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@Bear2

login to self serve
click on "payment" tab
click the "preferred payment type"
choose "other, enter the desired amount" and manually type in your total plan amount and make a payment. 
go back to your "overview" tab and click the "reactivate" button 
restart your phone

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Bear2 wrote:

When I try to do a manual payment it says I already have enough funds in my account and won't let me  yet my available funds is only $4. I need my cell 😫

@Bear2  try making a payment by calling 611.

Ooh, did not realize @HALIMACS already said that.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

ooops wrong thread

Bear2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Calling 611 did work. It allowed me to pay remaining balance and cell now works again 

CMCKA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been with Public doe about 17 months now and this is the second time my auto pay did not go through. I've been on autopay with other companies and have never had this problem. Both times this happened, I needed to do an etransfer to someone and I couldn't do it. This is unacceptable.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@CMCKA 

Public mobile has had some serious renewal problems in the past 36 hours.

You're right, it is unacceptable.

You may need to make a manual payment through selfserve or * 611 to get services going again.

In the interim, maybe find a Wi-Fi zone to send that e-transfer?  

CMCKA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It sounds like it might work, but banks will not send emails to give a confirmation number, just texts and since I got cut off immediately, I couldn't get the many texts I asked to be sent. Your workaround doesn't work in the real world. Also, my husband made a good point. If his payment is late, they remind him, not cut him off. I got a text at noon that said my payment went through, then another 7 minutes later saying it didn't go through. I was trying to do an etransfer at about 11:30. They're a big company, should they not know how this payment things works?.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@CMCKA 

Yes, they should know how to manage an auto pay system to the benefit of their customers. In this case, that clearly failed.  

With respect to e transfers, any confirmations I need to receive can be received via email or SMS. Perhaps not with your financial institution.

The workaround I proposed is simply that, a workaround. The other option is to do nothing - but hey, you already started the discussions so why not take steps to remedy your situation. 

Need Help? Let's chat.