cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very annoyed auto payment didn't go through now no cell plan

Bear2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Been a PM member since November and have had no issues. But today my plan renewed and I have no service. I am on auto pay. Now I'm worried it will go through twice. Does this happen often.

22 REPLIES 22

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HALIMACS wrote:

Absolutely, @gamegizmo 

Many users here (even though they are on auto-pay), still pre-load their plan amount onto their available funds prior to account renewal as a means to avoiding failed auto-pay.  Doing so still gets them the auto-pay reward, so no issues there.

I've considered same, but haven't yet had a failed auto-pay, so i'm playing with 🔥

Yeah, I'm one of those who pre-load plan amount every time few days before renewal day. Should we be doing, absolutely not but I just don't want to worry will the plan renew or not due to this notorious problem. For me, this is price I "have to pay" for using PM service and I'm kind of OK with it. For some people Autopay might work for years ok and have no issue but for some other it might happen and be without service at unexpected time. 

I wish Public Mobile can fix this but since this is long term issue, I doubt that will be done soon. 

Absolutely, @gamegizmo 

Many users here (even though they are on auto-pay), still pre-load their plan amount onto their available funds prior to account renewal as a means to avoiding failed auto-pay.  Doing so still gets them the auto-pay reward, so no issues there.

I've considered same, but haven't yet had a failed auto-pay, so i'm playing with 🔥

gamegizmo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

While it is still frustrating, I have had similar issue before and was able to resolve it by purchasing top up vouchers and adding them to my account.  This allowed the renewal to take place after I selected make a payment and it took it from the credit in the account.  Not an ideal solution, but it is one that could potentially work.

@CMCKA 

Yes, they should know how to manage an auto pay system to the benefit of their customers. In this case, that clearly failed.  

With respect to e transfers, any confirmations I need to receive can be received via email or SMS. Perhaps not with your financial institution.

The workaround I proposed is simply that, a workaround. The other option is to do nothing - but hey, you already started the discussions so why not take steps to remedy your situation. 

CMCKA

It sounds like it might work, but banks will not send emails to give a confirmation number, just texts and since I got cut off immediately, I couldn't get the many texts I asked to be sent. Your workaround doesn't work in the real world. Also, my husband made a good point. If his payment is late, they remind him, not cut him off. I got a text at noon that said my payment went through, then another 7 minutes later saying it didn't go through. I was trying to do an etransfer at about 11:30. They're a big company, should they not know how this payment things works?.

@CMCKA 

Public mobile has had some serious renewal problems in the past 36 hours.

You're right, it is unacceptable.

You may need to make a manual payment through selfserve or * 611 to get services going again.

In the interim, maybe find a Wi-Fi zone to send that e-transfer?  

CMCKA

I've been with Public doe about 17 months now and this is the second time my auto pay did not go through. I've been on autopay with other companies and have never had this problem. Both times this happened, I needed to do an etransfer to someone and I couldn't do it. This is unacceptable.

Bear2

Calling 611 did work. It allowed me to pay remaining balance and cell now works again 

ooops wrong thread

@Bear2 wrote:

When I try to do a manual payment it says I already have enough funds in my account and won't let me  yet my available funds is only $4. I need my cell 😫

@Bear2  try making a payment by calling 611.

Ooh, did not realize @HALIMACS already said that.

@Bear2

login to self serve
click on "payment" tab
click the "preferred payment type"
choose "other, enter the desired amount" and manually type in your total plan amount and make a payment. 
go back to your "overview" tab and click the "reactivate" button 
restart your phone

@Bear2 

If this impacted me, and making a manual payment did not help, I'd certainly be putting a ticket through to moderators.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Bear2 

Public mobile has some serious explaining to do for customers who have renewed in the past 24 hours.

I would make a manual payment through * 611 and take screenshots of your available funds before and after.

If you run into any trouble with public mobile taking more than one payment, and the extra payment does not show up in your available funds, I would be putting a ticket through to the moderators.

Bear2

When I try to do a manual payment it says I already have enough funds in my account and won't let me  yet my available funds is only $4. I need my cell 😫

@Bear2 , so you still dont have service?

If you still don't have service, try to do a manual payment.  After the payment is accepted, check your account and you might need to click Reactivate.  You might need to reboot your phone as well

No worry about autopay will try to get money again.  It shouldn't

@Bear2 wrote:

So will payment go through or do I have to wait 48hrs to get a ticket answered 

Don't wait. Just make a manual payment and get your servcie working. You won't get charged twice, but if you do, it gets added to your balance anyway.

@Bear2 

Occasionally autopay failures do happen.  Multiple autopay failures like today are rare.  If you manually load funds into your account, you will not be charged twice.  

The forum actually has been somewhat quiet the last several weeks, but with today's failure, it unfortunately has been really busy today.  

Bear2

So will payment go through or do I have to wait 48hrs to get a ticket answered 

@Bear2 , yes, today is a system issue. 

I meant keep track of the expiry date and make sure update it when you got a new card.    😊

Bear2

@softech my card is active and not expired 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Bear2 

yes, seems to be a big system issue to many users today.

I don't think we see an  Autopay issue in this scale that often.  So, don't worry, would be ok. 

Always make sure you remember to update your expired credit card.  I think it's a good practice to make a manual payment every time you update a credit card on the system. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Bear2 , autopay failures do happen from time to time.  Overall I would say it is rare.  I have 5 accounts at the moment, all on autopay and I have yet to experience a failure.  Oldest account is more than 4 years old.  

Need Help? Let's chat.