cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bear2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Very annoyed auto payment didn't go through now no cell plan

Been a PM member since November and have had no issues. But today my plan renewed and I have no service. I am on auto pay. Now I'm worried it will go through twice. Does this happen often.

Accepted Solutions
HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Re: Very annoyed auto payment didn't go through now no cell plan

@Bear2 

Public mobile has some serious explaining to do for customers who have renewed in the past 24 hours.

I would make a manual payment through * 611 and take screenshots of your available funds before and after.

If you run into any trouble with public mobile taking more than one payment, and the extra payment does not show up in your available funds, I would be putting a ticket through to the moderators.

View solution in original post

All Replies
will13am
Oracle

@Bear2 , autopay failures do happen from time to time.  Overall I would say it is rare.  I have 5 accounts at the moment, all on autopay and I have yet to experience a failure.  Oldest account is more than 4 years old.  

softech
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bear2 

yes, seems to be a big system issue to many users today.

I don't think we see an  Autopay issue in this scale that often.  So, don't worry, would be ok. 

Always make sure you remember to update your expired credit card.  I think it's a good practice to make a manual payment every time you update a credit card on the system. 

Bear2

@softech my card is active and not expired 

softech

@Bear2 , yes, today is a system issue. 

I meant keep track of the expiry date and make sure update it when you got a new card.    😊

Bear2

So will payment go through or do I have to wait 48hrs to get a ticket answered 

Dunkman
Oracle

@Bear2 

Occasionally autopay failures do happen.  Multiple autopay failures like today are rare.  If you manually load funds into your account, you will not be charged twice.  

The forum actually has been somewhat quiet the last several weeks, but with today's failure, it unfortunately has been really busy today.  

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Bear2 wrote:

So will payment go through or do I have to wait 48hrs to get a ticket answered 

Don't wait. Just make a manual payment and get your servcie working. You won't get charged twice, but if you do, it gets added to your balance anyway.

softech

@Bear2 , so you still dont have service?

If you still don't have service, try to do a manual payment.  After the payment is accepted, check your account and you might need to click Reactivate.  You might need to reboot your phone as well

No worry about autopay will try to get money again.  It shouldn't

Bear2

When I try to do a manual payment it says I already have enough funds in my account and won't let me  yet my available funds is only $4. I need my cell 😫

Need Help? Let's chat.