cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vacation for a month - Can I suspend service and keep my current (grandfathered) plan?

user1248
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently on a $120 per 90 Days for 12GB Data, Unlimited International Text, Unlimited Provincial Talk plan (Which doesn't exist anymore) and  I am going on a trip from mid-February for a month (Next payment due in a couple of days).  I was wondering if there was any mechanism to suspend my serivce while I am on vacation?

I found this link helpful, though it doesn't really address my concerns about keeping my grandfathered plan -  Planning vacation; question regarding manual service suspension

2 REPLIES 2

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @user1248!

You can temporarily suspend service from selfserve but that simply disables your phone/sim card from being used.  Only helpful for those who lots or had their phone stolen because the countdown of days remaining in your plan doesn't stop.

In your situation, I would suggest that you just leave things as they are.  As long as you plan on being back before 90-days pass after expiry of your plan, you can reactivate the suspended account back on the same promo plan that you are on.  

Just remember to disable autopay so you are not charged automatically on next renewal date.. then let the account stay in suspension until you come back. 

EDIT: @ShawnC13 beat me to it.  😄   Have a great trip.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@user1248  if your renewal date is coming up you could deactivate your autopay and have your account suspended druing your vacation (Up to 89 days) and reactivate when you are back on same plan and phone number.  If you need a phone between your renewal date and when you leave if you pay the full 90 days you can't suspend it.  But you could order a new sim and activate a 10 day plan if that would work.  The downfall is it would be a new number but you would keep your fall promo plan and current phone number for when you are back.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.