On my PM iPhone I get the following...AADE3DEC-83E5-462D-B152-87D02198F9A0.jpeg

Is this PM sending this or Apple?

I am on the $10 plan with no data. 

10 REPLIES 10

happycamper
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@TMS wrote:

@happycamper wrote:

I have the $10 per month plan - no data - but I got the data add on....I have used it mayber 2-3 times and for only maybe 1 or 2 minutes in 2 months....my cellular data on my iphone is turned off...yet there is data leakage recorded almost every day....over a 2 month period I have used approx. 2-3% of my add on....not a big deal but over time it is being eroded not by my usage.

Thanks so much.    -  Apple is requesting our personal info.   -  Do use "Hey Siri"?

no...don't use Siri

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

*you

TMS

@happycamper wrote:

I have the $10 per month plan - no data - but I got the data add on....I have used it mayber 2-3 times and for only maybe 1 or 2 minutes in 2 months....my cellular data on my iphone is turned off...yet there is data leakage recorded almost every day....over a 2 month period I have used approx. 2-3% of my add on....not a big deal but over time it is being eroded not by my usage.

Thanks so much.    -  Apple is requesting our personal info.   -  Do use "Hey Siri"?

happycamper
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

TMS

@Gel-Doua wrote:

@Dunkman there is no sms on his history, @popping was right, he has no data, and his mobile has data enabled, so when mobile try to connect, this is what he get.

Yes. Earlier, when I restored the iPhone Apple requested something and 6 sms were sent from my iPhone.

i ll have to turn off my data. Although, I thought I did previously, but phone isn’t presently with me. 😉

Gel-Doua

@Dunkman there is no sms on his history, @popping was right, he has no data, and his mobile has data enabled, so when mobile try to connect, this is what he get.

TMS

@popping wrote:

@TMS

Your iPhone may have the mobile data enabled and was trying to use data.  Your plan does not include any data.  PM was blocking your iPhone from using any data without data add-on.

Any chance this could be messing up SIRI? It says I have a network issue. And since Apple doesn’t receive the response from my iPhone, because of the lack of data on my plan, SIRI delays her initial response to my “Hey Siri” question. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@TMS

Same exact thing happened when I started with my iphone with Public Mobile.  My iphone sent about 10 messages within the first 24 hours.  I contacted moderator, who added 10 extra text messages to my account for that month.  It is a known issue with iphones.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TMS

Your iPhone may have the mobile data enabled and was trying to use data.  Your plan does not include any data.  PM was blocking your iPhone from using any data without data add-on.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's your iPhone.  I believe it's syncing for the initial setup.

Need Help? Let's chat.