cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded plan not working

Silveray
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In preparation for using our mobile phone in California and Arizona on a brief trip, we were advised by the London Drugs retail outlet for Public Mobile that we needed to upgrade our plan online to a $50/month plan.  We did so. 

Once in California, we attempted to phone home to BC and were unable to connect. We received a text message welcoming us to USA and indicating that we could purchase US Roaming for $10.  In a subsequent message, we were again advised that we needed to purchase US roaming for the duration of our visit.  We did so by paying $20 plus tax, but only one brief call home actually connected.  Shortly after the call was initiated, we were cut off.  After that, each time we attempted to call home we received a text message telling us that we needed to update our plan to include US roaming. 

It was necessary for us to borrow another mobile phone, to purchase a new SIM card for it from Verizon, plus a calling program for that phone.  At no time were we able to get our Public Mobile program to work following that initial, interrupted call.

We would appreciate being refunded the outlay of $50 (plus tax) plus $20 (plus tax) for US roaming because the program provided by Public Mobile didn’t work. 

6 REPLIES 6

Silveray

I want to thank the folks who responded to my concern that my upgraded plan wasn't working.  I appreciate the advice, and the effort that people made to put it in writing.  Thanks to all!

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am sorry to hear of your trouble with Public Mobile while you have been in the USA . The London Drug's Rep misinformed you. All you needed to do was look at putting a USA Roaming Addon to your account. To do this you would have looked at the USA Addon which suited you best ( they start at $8 for talk or text alone). Once you choose the Addon that suited you best , add the amount of that plan to your account first. Next wile in your online account and see the money added to cover the price of the Addon pick the USA Addon you want and click on " purchase Addon". You should get a notice screen that your Addon was successful if all worked. Sit back and enjoy. I have been using Public Mobile in the USA on and off for 2 years now. I really like it. 

Hoping this helps. 

Cheers 

HSPark

5B258612-4238-4718-B00B-ECA60D2096A7.jpeg

Here is the list of the current US roaming plans. These are considered Add-on and they can be added to any plan. The agent at London Drugs unfortunately misinformed you. There was no need for you to change your base-main plan. Based on what you have said, you made two $10 add on payments. There is no “talk” US roaming plan for $10. I believe what you needed to add was one of the top 3 options that included some type of US roaming  “talk”. Those are the $20, $15 or $8 plan. 

I don’t know if a moderator could credit the account as it looks like the plans were added as per your request but unfortunately they were the wrong plans. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to try. 

Hope you still had an enjoyable trip to the US.  Reach out to the community for your next trip so you have the right plan for your trip. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Silveray  you were misinfomred by the London drugs rep.  any of teh current plans ($10+ will work in the USA as long as you get a 10 day USA roaming package.

you will need to contact moderator_team and discuss the particulars, but there will not be a refund for the plan $50 as PM provided you service (calling/texting/data from canada) for the roaming part you might have purchased 2 roaming plans that included talk and that is probably what caused the cuting off issue.  can you post a screenshot of your addons section in self serve?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Silveray 

The information provided by LD rep is wrong.  The $50 plan you had is for phone US from Canada. You may go back to LD to ask for compensation.

PM plans are prepaid plans.  Prepaid plan in Canada does not have refund.  But you can send a private message to moderator.  There is no guarantee that you will get a refund.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Silveray No plans include US roaming in the plan. The $50 US plan including calls to the US, not within the US.
You will have to talk to the moderators about a refund, you can send them a message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Need Help? Let's chat.