cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsure if number ported successfully

silly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
So I switched over from freedom today, received email confirmation that my account is active.

However when I try to log I to self serve it says my number isn't valid, and when I try to reset my password it says my email isn't valid.

I tried making a call and that was unsuccessful ad well, please help!
5 REPLIES 5

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@benjaminries wrote:
I have this issue: credit card charged $120, email confirmation received, outgoing calls work and so does data... but since last Thursday night:
No self-service account (same as OP)
No incoming calls
No incoming OR outgoing texts (get Public Mobile auto-reply saying text isn't included in my plan).

Late tonight marks 72 hours of this. My messages to mods remain unread.

@benjaminries

If you've sent a private message to a moderator already, the best thing to do now is wait.  As I mentioned to the other poster, response times for assistance are much longer than normal (around 3 days now) due to the current promotion. Again, I advise turning on e-mail notices for private messages in your community account so you'll quickly see any reply without having to constantly check your community inbox.

FYI, the moderators can read their private messages internally without accessing their community inboxes. So when they read a message that way, it won't change the message status to show as being "read."

benjaminries
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I have this issue: credit card charged $120, email confirmation received, outgoing calls work and so does data... but since last Thursday night:
No self-service account (same as OP)
No incoming calls
No incoming OR outgoing texts (get Public Mobile auto-reply saying text isn't included in my plan).

Late tonight marks 72 hours of this. My messages to mods remain unread.

silly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thanks for the suggestions! contacting mod now

For knowing if a number has been ported sucessfully, making an outgoing call doesn't tell you anything.  Outgoing calls are supposed to work immediately, before a port has even finished, or even if it has failed.

You want to make a call (from another phone) to the number that you are trying to port over.  That is the true test. 

As outgoing calls don't work, and your Public Mobile account login doesn't either, I believe that your service was never activated at all.

Try calling your phone number.  I highly suspect that your entire Freedom Mobile service is still working, and if it is keep using that for now, unlil a Public Mobile employee can help you out.  You'll  need to contact them about that.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If you can't even make outgoing calls, then it looks like you've encountered an activation/porting error.  For help with this, you should send a private message to any moderator listed here:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...
Include your PM SIM card number, e-mail address, the phone number you're porting, your account number with your previous carrier, and the authorized name exactly as it appears on that account.

Unfortunately, response times for assistance are longer than normal (2-3 days) due to the heavy volume of help requests from the promotion currently running.  Since private messaging is the moderators' preferred communication channel, I recommend you turn on e-mail notifications for receipt of private messages in your community account.  To do this, go to Settings -> Preferences -> Private Messenger.  Tick the checkbox for "Receive email notifications for new private messages" and click save after making the change.  That way, you'll minimize any delay in seeing any reply from them and you won't have to constantly check your community inbox.

Need Help? Let's chat.