cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsuccessful Port

staticblanket
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to lay this out here in the hopes of clarifying my situation to the mods, and maybe someone in the community can help me out if I am missing some information.

I have two phone numbers, one with Freedom and one with Koodo.

I want to take advantage of the recent promo, so I activate a Public sim with my Freedom number. A couple days later, wanting to consolidate my accounts into one, I attempt to change my number in Self Serve to the number I have with Koodo.

The change number process appears to work, and I get a spinning wheel and then nothing, the page has appeared to time out. I receive notification from Koodo that I have successfully canceled my account with them, but nothing changes on my Public account.

Asking the moderators, I am told the port was successful, which confuses me because my Koodo number is now inactive, but hasn't been ported to my Public account and I am worried that number is now lost (one that I've used for 13 years).

If the fault was on my end, perhaps there should be some sort of warning that I am ineligible for a port because losing that number is a bit harsh for me.

6 REPLIES 6

staticblanket

@Shazia_Khas sorted out for me, thank you.

May have been due to successive ports in too short of a time.

staticblanket

I am using the same email with koodo and public, I knew that was an issue going in but someone had mentioned exploiting . usage with gmail. e.g. first.last@gmail.com and firstlast@gmail.com so I gave that a shot. Regretting that now.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I am guessing that you have used the same email address for both Koodo and PM accounts.  

Sign into either one... preferably Koodo (since you are done with them anyways) and change the email address linked to your Koodo account in the Profile tab.  That may suddenly cause your phone to start working with the right number.  

staticblanket

Yes I ported in a number from Koodo prepaid. I received notice from Koodo that my account was cancelled at 12:30, so it's already been five hours, with numerous reboots and resets and crossed fingers. My self serve is still accessible and I still have use of the number that was supposed to be overwritten.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @staticblanket, you are eligible to port the number.  It appears that you followed the steps correctly in terms of achieving the promo eligibility and using the Koodo number with PM.

Are you using the same email address with both Koodo and PM?  Is your PM selfserve accessible since the port request was submitted?  

Have you rebooted the phone?  If the system says your number was ported, then it won't be lost.  

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Are you porting from koodo prepaid? If yes, did you use the same email as the one you have on koodo prepaid account? 

You will likely need to contact one of the mod if porting is not complete within couple of hours. 

Need Help? Let's chat.