Did you mean: 

Unlocking phone

JaysonM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to unlock phone 

6 REPLIES 6

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GinYVR Telus bought PM as a continuing business so I believe that they carry the obligation to unlock for free and would have to have the ability to do so. 

@JaysonM

If it is a Public Mobile branded phone, unfortunately that belongs to a previous iteration of Public Mobile that no longer exists. You can contact the moderators with the IMEI number and see if they will give you an unlock code. However it can take them up to 48 hours to get back to you, due to the age of the phones, those codes can be obtained nearly free from online or corner cell phone repair shops. I would recommend the later option if time is of the essence.

JaysonM

It’s a public mobile phone 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JaysonM 

1. You can get your phone unlocked by the provider who sold you your phone.

2.  For iPhone, you can get it at Apple store.

3.  For Samsung phones, you can contact Samsung Canada to get it unlocked.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you switch from another provider ? Or do you have a Samsung phone ?  If it is locked to your previous then you would need to contact them.  If it is a Samsung phone then you would need to cotact them.

If you entered in the SIM code to many times you will need to contact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you just put your SIM in and it's saying it's locked then it's locked to your previous provider and you will need to contact them to unlock your phone.

Nahiank

Hi! As much as I know, unlocking the phone is now free. You will need to call the phone compagnie's custumer service to get your device unlocked. I unlocked my phone with virgin this way!

Need Help? Let's chat.