cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking my phone

Notrub604
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I read and re-read as many posts that could have led me to unlocking my phone, but I think this is the only way to get someone to PM me. Could someone please contact me about unlocking my iPhone SE, currently locked with Telus, but I have a PM account. 

Thanks!

Burton

8 REPLIES 8

jcpolonyi2018

Please unlock my phone and reset my voicemail I just got into a car accident my phone is broken 

josephra

Hi,

I would like to unlock my Samsung Phone which I had it with Public Mobile for several years until last week.  The Model number is GTS 7560M    IMEI number is 3xxxxxxxxxxxxx/3

The phone number I had it with you is xxxxxxxxxx.

Please unlock this phone at your earliest.

Thank you.

Joseph Ratnasingham.

jmc199397
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I live in ontario so I only mentioned what I knew but thanks for the info. Yes I know there are other benifits to unlocking phones, that’s why I mentioned calling if you still wanted to unlock. But I’m this case it’s not necessary, when I called Telus to unlock my device I was on hold for a long time 1:30 mins to get a call back, just wanted to save her time. Cheers 🙂 

@jmc199397 wrote:

If your phone is locked to Telus, you shouldn't even have to unlock it to use Public Mobile. Telus owns, Koodo and Public Mobile. Your phone should be good to use anyone on that network, Unlocking phones is free in Ontario now (not sure if that where your from) but if you are just call the provider and they will do it for you. You can go to settings and find your IMEI number which is what they'll need to unlock. 

@jmc199397

Some people want to unlock their phone so that they can use it with a different / local provider when traveling? It's good policy anyway if you must buy your phone from a service provider.

(And free unlocking legislation is applicable nation wide, not just in the centre of the universe... 😉 )

jmc199397
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If your phone is locked to Telus, you shouldn't even have to unlock it to use Public Mobile. Telus owns, Koodo and Public Mobile. Your phone should be good to use anyone on that network, Unlocking phones is free in Ontario now (not sure if that where your from) but if you are just call the provider and they will do it for you. You can go to settings and find your IMEI number which is what they'll need to unlock. 

The procedure: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Unlocking-Your-Phone/ta-p/5237

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

they will require imei and your account email, possibly pin or account number.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Contact the @CS_Agent and they should be able to give you an unlock code.  They will let you know what further information (e.g. IMEI number, etc.) they require.

Need Help? Let's chat.