cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock carrier

bizzyb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My lg stylo 4 is carrier locked and I bought the phone off internet which i can't get ahold of the person i purchased it from. I wouldn't have bought it if I knew anything about phone locking. So can you please help me so I'm not out of a $100.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Also assuming LG phones are only on these  5 Canadian carriers.....you could try to contact each carrier. I use the carriers chat option when unlocking. See pic 

12660850-99A0-4852-B0AA-FCC2373F3241.jpeg

iPhoneUser

iPhoneUser

Does the phone still have the old SIM card in it or does the carrier show in the settings? If yes, you can then contact the carrier for a free unlock....if it is a Canadian carrier. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @bizzyb 

Try contacting lg Canada and see if they can help

Open the chat and tell them that you need your device unlocked

https://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/product-help 

Good luck

lscotty0005
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I know that you don t have a lot of answers from cie to help you but a the end if no one wants to helps you for free there are lot of sites on the internet that are offering unlocking of phones for low cost. Sometimes as low as $5.00 .

Good luck 🙂

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@bizzyb Do you know which carrier it's locked to? You can try contacting LG and see if they will unlock it for you. If you restart your phone. What is the exact message that you are getting?

In the meantime, you can download a voip app such as TextNow, and use it over WiFi to make/ receive calls and send / recieve texts. Thanks.

@bizzyb wrote:

My lg stylo 4 is carrier locked and I bought the phone off internet which i can't get ahold of the person i purchased it from. I wouldn't have bought it if I knew anything about phone locking. So can you please help me so I'm not out of a $100.

Thanks.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@bizzyb wrote:

Thanks.

@bizzyb  if you bought the phone outside of Canada, you will have to search for a retail store near your area and get your phone unlocked from them.

if you google "Phone unlock near me" you will be able to find phone repair shops.

Freephone Un-lock : If the phone is from Canada and you can find out what provider the phone is locked to. You can call them and say you have a phone which is locked to them and you need an unlock code. They will be able to give you the code for free.

as @LovesToPM  mentioned make sure the phone is not blacklisted.

Cheers

bizzyb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I contacted the carrier on customer support and they said to go to a store and have them help with the issue. I'm afraid that they will take this phone and I will be out of $100.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@bizzyb 

If you know which phone carrier it was purchased from, you can try calling them with the IMEI.

If they cannot help and you cannot reach the seller, you can likely buy an unlock code from an online vendor such as ebay.

You should also check that your phone hasn't been blacklisted
https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

tehowennathe

Without the help of the person you bought it from you can't do anything. They need to go to the carrier and have it unlocked. They won't do it for you. I had the same issue on a phone I bought a few years back.

Need Help? Let's chat.