Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been charged for data addon with $40 which I have never asked for

Can this be explained and reversed?

33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@yasserhaa 

This issue was brought up in another thread that I believe @Anonymous was a part of....i tested it by calling my bf's phone # and you can add funds to the account from the card on file without needing the pin # to do so....unfortunately pm has done nothing to address this issue. At the time I said a vindictive ex could mess with your finances and then port your number out. It was met with disbelief. Apparently it's not so preposterous.....im sorry that your issue has proved my point..

Since you drew me in...this is a whole other aside from what seems to be going on in this thread. Changing the plan can only be done in the self-serve. If you're already in the self-serve then why bother with doing it in the 611?

The vindictive ex scenario was not "met with disbelief". If there was any disbelief then it would be shaking heads thinking "some people". No need to drag up old by-gones. Grudges help no one.

@yasserhaa wrote:

The credit card was charged

No one else has access to my account

"A top up can easily be made by dialing your phones 611 service remotely"

How this is done?

Thanks to the Moderators, they are working now to resolve the problem and they said they will get the security team to do investigations 

Thanks for everyone who tried to help me out

Really appreciate your help

#beautiful_community 😍

@yasserhaa 

This issue was brought up in another thread that I believe @Anonymous was a part of....i tested it by calling my bf's phone # and you can add funds to the account from the card on file without needing the pin # to do so....unfortunately pm has done nothing to address this issue. At the time I said a vindictive ex could mess with your finances and then port your number out. It was met with disbelief. Apparently it's not so preposterous.....im sorry that your issue has proved my point..

yasserhaa

Oh! ... This is not the case

Thanks for the clarification 

@yasserhaa wrote:

How this is done?

Thanks to the Moderators, they are working now to resolve the problem and they said they will get the security team to do investigations 

#beautiful_community 😍

When you already have a card registered with your PM account, you can opt to make a payment from your PM phone by dialing 611 and following the prompts.

yasserhaa

How this is done?

#beautiful_community 😍

@yasserhaa 

Has your card been charged the $50 + tax for the top up in your account?

Check the last 4 digits of your sim card with the what's showing in your account for a sim card.

Does anyone have your username/email? Have you left access to either your community account or your self serve account open on any device or computer. Is your password easy enough to guess? A top up can easily be made by dialing your phones 611 service remotely.... changing your plan requires access to your account as does changing the sim card.

@yasserhaa wrote:

I did report stolen

I much in this favour! I think my account has been compromised 😲

@yasserhaa If you did report your phone stolen, that would explain the "no service" message on your phone. 

Was your phone really stolen? And then you found it again? If this is the case, you might want to log back in to report your phone as found to reactivate service.

In the meantime, is it possible someone got their hands on your phone and was able to access/logon your PM account?

Can you still logon your self-serve account?

As mentioned previously, you can easily check the phone/data usage to confirm whether there is any unauthorized access.

If you have been hacked, I would work on securing all your accounts and notifying your bank, etc. You should also update the password of your PM account. And you will need to get a replacement SIM card if your current SIM card is no longer working.

@445935293 wrote:

management team will help

Please note that the username for customers to contact is Moderator_Team. This becomes important because if someone were to try to look for a different username, they would be sending a message to the wrong people.

For future, you'll see that instructions were provided back in the first reply to this message thread. To further help customers, it would be good to instruct the other customers how to perform such task such as contacting the moderators, as well as to add some insight/suggestions for the particular situation.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

management team will help

yasserhaa

I did report stolen

I much in this favour! I think my account has been compromised 😲

@geopublic sure, but I would be very cautious that a renewal was performed 7 days before the renewal and their service doesn't work. Like plan renewal request from one customer performed on another customers account?

The wording is not of an auto top up like their other transactions it looks like a manual credit/visa payment put through. It is also strange their phone no longer works. 

But, yes of course they will need to waiy. I would still be precautious though. 

Screenshot_20200610_184229.jpg

🤔

@Naepalm wrote:

@yasserhaa what is tipping me off to you being compromised is no phone service then the transaction going through. Hope this is not the case but that is what it seems like, have you checked your data use history etc?

If that was the case then you would think that the individual would  have changed the password and the profile info once in. Best to wait for the Moderator's response before making any conclusions.

@Naepalm  Sim swap? I doubt it, more like a "existing plan renewal " request was performed on wrong account. 🤔

@yasserhaa what is tipping me off to you being compromised is no phone service then the transaction going through. Hope this is not the case but that is what it seems like, have you checked your data use history etc?

@yasserhaa wow, first time faced this! Mods will help you asap😉

@yasserhaa if your phone is not working then you see this in your self serve I believe you have been SIM swapped and you account has been compromised. They have charged a bigger plan for nefarious reasons. 

Go into your account and click suspend lost or stolen. Go into your password and change your password immediately. 

Then contact the moderators. 

contact here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@yasserhaa  Hope it gets resolved soon. Please keep us posted.

yasserhaa

Thanks

I have sent to the @CS_Agent 

Appreciate your help, Everyone 👍

@yasserhaa wrote:

And here is my plan

yasserhaa_0-1591826411032.png

@yasserhaa  Wow, that is a new one! I have never seen that happen before, hopefully the @CS_Agent  can fix it for you. 

@yasserhaa  That looks like an immediate plan change was made today to the $50 plan. Hopefully the Moderator Team can figure out what happened.

yasserhaa

And here is my plan

yasserhaa_0-1591826411032.png

yasserhaa

@Staliger @gblackma @geopublic @mpcdesign 

I'm on a $15 plan since a very long time, just today this has happened 

And the very strange thing also happened to today that my phone showing "no service"

I was thinking that this might be a software issue but now I think it's related!!!

yasserhaa_0-1591826206814.png

@yasserhaa based on your screenshot. You are on the $50 plan and its divided into 2 components. Your $40 data one and your $10 calling one. You weren't wongly charged for anything. Stay safe. 

@yasserhaa wrote:

@geopublic No actually I'm on a $15 plan

Here is the breakdown 

yasserhaa_0-1591825521591.png

@yasserhaa  If you are on the $15 plan then your payment history suggests you are on the $50 plan. Best to access selfserve and check your plan details. If that is the case then you need to contact Public Mobile ASAP and bring it to their attention.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@yasserhaa If you are on the $15 plan your payment history would look something like this:

15Capture.PNG

@yasserhaa Yes, all seems correct. You are on 50$ plan now. It is typical to charge 40 + 10 for it.

@yasserhaa  Yes, that screenshot shows that you are on the $50 plan. On your next renewal if you have AutoPay enabled you will get $2 + $2 off so you will get charged $46 plus tax.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@yasserhaa, unless somebody knows your account email and password to your self-serve account, it might be the renewal of your plan. It does this every 30 days or so. 

There isn't an exact $40 add-on, but one could add up multiple add-ons. For example, in March 2020 I was on the $40 plan. Come April, I changed my plan to the $15 but needed to buy-add-ons, just in case I needed it in case of emergency. I bought a $15 1 gig add-on and $5 500 minutes. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 2.42.26 PM.png

If you can go to your self-serve account, and then click on View Payment History, and take a screenshot, we can have a better look at your issue on hand. A picture really does explain a lot sometimes. 

yasserhaa

@geopublic No actually I'm on a $15 plan

Here is the breakdown 

yasserhaa_0-1591825521591.png

yasserhaa

@Staliger Thanks for the reply

Here it is

yasserhaa_0-1591825276307.png

yasserhaa