cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use data

karupoth
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a plan $90/90 days, which has a add on 1.5 GB for whole 90 days. I recently switched my mobile to vivo V3 and from that day onwards, I am not able to access the data. Do I need to have any settings in the new handset to access data?

10 REPLIES 10

karupoth

Hey guys,

An update, that settings do work. At first they didn't but later, I don't know what happened, I am able to access net. Thanks all and especially Dunkman 

That is too bad.  

Make sure it exactly matches the APN Settings (including upper and lower cases).  Maybe reboot your phone afterwards to see whether that works.  Then unfortunately, might need to choose between handset or provider. 

karupoth

Tried this

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/vivo-v3

but still, no use. Either I leave the service provider or handset.

karupoth

Did that with no use..Smiley Sad

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Sounds like an APN settings issue.  The fact that it's possible to talk and text means it's possible to use data even if the compatible bands are very limited 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@karupoth wrote:

Yes, it's working fine for talk and text.

Then yes you may want to check the APN configuration, as @rahmedkanak and @Dunkman have noted.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@karupoth

Here is the APN settings for your phone 

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/vivo-v3

Hopefully, that will get the data going...  as stated above, not the ideal choice, but may still be useable.  

karupoth

Yes, it's working fine for talk and text.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@karupoth wrote:

I have a plan $90/90 days, which has a add on 1.5 GB for whole 90 days. I recently switched my mobile to vivo V3 and from that day onwards, I am not able to access the data. Do I need to have any settings in the new handset to access data?

@karupoth is it working okay for talk and text?  That phone is actually a poor choice for Public Mobile since it only supports ONE (850MHz) of the TWO (850MHz and 1900MHz) required 3G HSDPA frequences for use with Public Mobile, and is lacking the key 4G LTE Band (Band 4).  These together may well explain your lack of data.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

rahmedkanak

Yes you have to manually set the APN settings.

Need Help? Let's chat.