cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to transfer phone number entered

melissabaird
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I was checking to see if my Telus number was eligible to transfer to my new Public Mobile account. When I enter it, I get the following error:

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

What should I do @CS_Agent? My account on Telus is still active. Do I need to cancel / suspend it first?

Thanks,

Melissa

19 REPLIES 19

@Arodriguesgande  Its not really any more work...except you have to type instead of talk. And usually have to spend much less time fixing an issue than you do waiting on hold for a CS agent to do it for you. But you do have to tell us what exactly the problem is before we can help you. Same as you would do on the phone. You might even enjoy the sense of empowerment you get from knowing how your phone and service works and how to troubleshoot them. And you get to save money...my two accounts after six months cost $5 a month now.

@ChuckYeah  The OP is with fizz so there are good incentives to stay....but not the reliability of the telus network....but only if you live in Quebec.

@Arodriguesgande It depends on what you are paying now and what you need. If you are receiving the same service from your current provider for $5 more, sure. But if you are paying $10 more, that's $120 in your first year. I would think that would be worth most people's time. Don't forget, if you sign up for autopay, you save another $2 per month or $24.

If $144 savings is not worth it to you, stay where you are.

And don't forget, most people have seamless transfer from their old provider. The only difference with PM is that you have to do it yourself.

Arodriguesgande
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Geez, this is a lot of work for marginal saving. I'll see, I may just say whatever and walk away. 

@Arodriguesgande  To get proper help you should start your own thread by choosing the category it best fits in....like getting started. Then ask your question giving as much detail as you can.

1. Have you already activated on public Mobile?
  2. Are you trying to port in by using the change number feature?
  3. If so what error message are you getting?
  4. Is your other account still active?
  5. Are you trying to port your number outside of Quebec?

Arodriguesgande
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same issue, but am with fizz. Was this ever resolved? The link is a dead end. 

@melissabaird  Yes your Telus account must remain active.

Also if you previously requested a port for the same number, you may not be able to make a second request. In this case, you should follow-up on the first request.

@melissabaird wrote:

I have a Telus contract plan, not sure if that's causing the issue. My new PM number works for calls in and out. I just want to get my old number from Telus ported over to Public Mobile.

Restart your browser, clear your cache and enter the 10 digit number carefully.

You could contact Telus to ask if you are permiited to transfer your number.

Perhaps this is main number of a family or data sharing plan? Then you would not be permiited to port this number out until your secondary numbers are ported out.

As long as your Telus account is still active and the porting is failing, your only option is to have the Mods help, Sorry. It may take them a couple days as they are busy but rest asure they will get to it and it will be worth the change once it is complete.

How long befor your Telus account expires?

melissabaird

I have a Telus contract plan, not sure if that's causing the issue. My new PM number works for calls in and out. I just want to get my old number from Telus ported over to Public Mobile.

@melissabaird wrote:

Thanks, but yeah I tried that as well, with no luck.

I ported my number from a Telus prepaid with no problems what so ever.

Confirm that everything else is working good, Calls in/out, text in/out and data if you have it with the temporary number?

Just the porting not working?

melissabaird

Thanks, but yeah I tried that as well, with no luck.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@melissabaird wrote:

Hello,

I was checking to see if my Telus number was eligible to transfer to my new Public Mobile account. When I enter it, I get the following error:

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

What should I do @CS_Agent? My account on Telus is still active. Do I need to cancel / suspend it first?

Thanks,

Melissa

Sometimes an incognito window in your browser helps if you have not already tried that.

Cleaner

The community Moderators are the best, they can help with any and all problems. You just have to be patient. Good luck to you.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@melissabaird

Are you on Telus prepaid?

If yes, Telus prepaid may be also sharing the same backend with PM.  Send a private message to moderator for help.as @Dunkman recommended.

Interesting....  should work...  maybe some glitch between the Telus and Public Mobile system....  

I am out of ideas.  Maybe others on the forum have some other suggestions....

You might need to private message moderator.

send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.  Include also your Telus phone number and Telus account number.  

melissabaird

correct, I entered in just the numbers.

Did you put your phone number with area code, no spaces or dashes, etc.....?

melissabaird

Thanks for the quick reply @Dunkman.

Unfortunately I don't see any other options to enter in additional information. All I see is an input field to check your number for elgibility. When I click on the button to check, I get the error I mentioned.

I have tried other browsers with no luck on getting dffierent options.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@melissabaird

Do not cancel or suspend your old number (ie. Telus) before porting.  

With most ports, you need to input your old phone number, Telus account number and Telus account holder name.  Usually that works....   

Sometimes the website is finicky.  So tryiing a different webbrowser or clearing the cache may help.  

Need Help? Let's chat.