cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Unable to transfer phone number entered

Hello,

I was checking to see if my Telus number was eligible to transfer to my new Public Mobile account. When I enter it, I get the following error:

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

What should I do @Moderator_Team? My account on Telus is still active. Do I need to cancel / suspend it first?

Thanks,

Melissa

Mayor / Maire

Re: Unable to transfer phone number entered

@melissabaird

Do not cancel or suspend your old number (ie. Telus) before porting.  

With most ports, you need to input your old phone number, Telus account number and Telus account holder name.  Usually that works....   

Sometimes the website is finicky.  So tryiing a different webbrowser or clearing the cache may help.  

Thanks for the quick reply @Dunkman.

Unfortunately I don't see any other options to enter in additional information. All I see is an input field to check your number for elgibility. When I click on the button to check, I get the error I mentioned.

I have tried other browsers with no luck on getting dffierent options.

Mayor / Maire

Did you put your phone number with area code, no spaces or dashes, etc.....?

correct, I entered in just the numbers.

Mayor / Maire

Interesting....  should work...  maybe some glitch between the Telus and Public Mobile system....  

I am out of ideas.  Maybe others on the forum have some other suggestions....

You might need to private message moderator.

send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.  Include also your Telus phone number and Telus account number.  

Mayor / Maire

@melissabaird

Are you on Telus prepaid?

If yes, Telus prepaid may be also sharing the same backend with PM.  Send a private message to moderator for help.as @Dunkman recommended.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The community Moderators are the best, they can help with any and all problems. You just have to be patient. Good luck to you.

Mayor / Maire

@melissabaird wrote:

Hello,

I was checking to see if my Telus number was eligible to transfer to my new Public Mobile account. When I enter it, I get the following error:

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

What should I do @Moderator_Team? My account on Telus is still active. Do I need to cancel / suspend it first?

Thanks,

Melissa

Sometimes an incognito window in your browser helps if you have not already tried that.

Thanks, but yeah I tried that as well, with no luck.