cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to transfer landline # from Teksavvy to PM

JKTN
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just activated my account yesterday with PM and tried to port over my # from Teksavvy over. The line was down for a couple hours and this morning when I tried to call the # to see if it was ported, my landline still rang. I tried the Phone number change option in self-serve but I got an error message with the following:

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I also can speak from experience that landline ports (& presumably VOIP which are treated as landline) take a little longer to go through.

Landline goes through some coordinating (regulating?) body which takes a few days to get approval & coordinated, so there's some delay from when you request until it actually starts.

During this time your landline should still work & if you took a temporary PM number that would still work also.  The actual transfer, once it starts, is fairly quick (hours). 

Great info above by  @stonechucker @will13am about the delay, Mod contact & to use Fongo in meantime.  Actually, I use Fongo when traveling as it works anywhere in the world I've traveled as long as I had wifi or data. (Best if you call forward your number at home before you leave). 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If the port has not completed within 48 hours, ask the moderator team to look into the port to see if there are any problems.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@JKTN, welcome to Public Mobile.

As TekSavvy is a VoIP service, it will take longer than a cellular number to port over.  This is expected, and can take up to 2 business days normally.

If you need to make phone calls, you can install an app such as Fongo on your  cellular phone to make free calls to anywhere in Canada, for the time being.

Need Help? Let's chat.