cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to transfer a koodo phone number to Public Mobile phone #

nateroberts2004
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I had my son's phone hooked up to pay as you go on the Koodo network. We (my husband and I) had koodo as well but change made the switch to Public Mobile a couple of months ago and had no problem switching it over but for my son's I'm having problems. Is there anyway you can help. Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nateroberts2004 

Porting Koodo prepaid number needs moderator help.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/
Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - Use "Port Request" for fast service.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@nateroberts2004 I'm assuming that you activated with a temporary cell phone number.  To port your son's number from Koodo prepaid.  You have to contact the moderators and ask them to do it for you.  Type " Port Request " and follow the prompts to get to one. Give them the name on the account,  number to port and the Koodo account number. Please note that your Koodo account must be active to port his number. The port will close it once its completed. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @nateroberts2004 

For help with the port request, you have to contact moderator_team by submitting a ticket.

To complete your port-in request, please open SIMon chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

More info here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

Need Help? Let's chat.