cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sign in - no way to reset password

gertie-g
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My son did not autorenew his public mobile account back in September when he moved away for a semester to Europe. Now he has returned and cannot sign in to restart a plan for service. When he tries to sign in with his email, it says his login attempt failed even after several attempts. When he tries to reset his password, he gets an error code. I am sending this message on his behalf because he cannot send a message to the community without signing in!!

5 REPLIES 5

No, he can not pay for up to 90 days then reactivate his account without consequences, but after 90 days it will automatically be deleted with no way to recover it. If he logs into his account during that 90 days it will tell him when his service stopped and how long he has to reactivate it.

@gertie-g wrote:

Thanks for the quick response! 

Was there an option to pause the plan for a while?

No there isn't he could have switched to a low cost plan and after his plan had expired for 85 days renew the new plan.   That is all he could have really done.  Now he has lost his account and the phone number that was associated with that account

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

gertie-g
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the quick response! 

Was there an option to pause the plan for a while?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

I believe after about 90 days you’ll need a new Sim you cannot reactivate the old one 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

After 90 days the account is deactivated and removed. He will need to get a new SIM card and create a new account.

Need Help? Let's chat.