cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reset password

setmeioh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,
I just bought a Public Mobile sim card and had it registered (activated). The problem is that I generated my password and didn't write it down anywhere, so I cannot log in.
I tried 'reset password' function but it seems broken.

I also tried to send a private message to moderator team but that function didn't work for me either. I don't see my message anywhere, but when I press 'Send' button the alert message appears and says 'You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.'

So I don't really know what else can I do.

13 REPLIES 13

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Joice the reset password function doesn't work you need to send a private message to the moderators. Here's the info below. Also in the future when asking for help in the community make a new thread instead of posting in an old one because it's harder for people to find your question and won't be able to help as fast.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

• Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with you account.
    • They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]
    • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
    • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
    • There is no need to send multiple messages

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator

Joice
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am unable to rest pass word.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@paulprusha, You need to send a private message to the moderator team in order to get your password reset.  Include your account number or phone number, as well as your account PIN (if you know it), in order to speed up initial communication.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

paulprusha

@Moderator_Team I have the same problem. I set up my wife's account and I cannot remember the password she chose, and neither can she 🙂 When I try to reset the password, she gets and email from PM with a weird time stamp on it (usually 10 or 12 hours into the future), and when clicking the password reset link, the webpage says the link has expired. I need to top up her account by tomorrow. Thanks for your help!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TVHS the password reset ocassionally works but in most cases you have to message the mods.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

TVHS

Yep in the same boat, the reset email takes 2hrs to come through by which time the email link has expired.

Atenn

@CS_Agent

Hi!

I need help resetting my password

Rabbi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@bawahuss

sorry to hear you are having issues. 
You will need to message a MOD for assistance, click on this link @Moderator Team
to send a private message .
✪ PM account Email address
✪ PM phone number
✪ Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

bawahuss

Good afternoon,

my phone no 6xxxxxxx4 i have problem with my account i have to pay bill i forgot my passward i tried to set then the security question mother year of boarn i donot remember my phone is not working i want to get rid of this issue as early as possible.

closng

@setmeioh wrote:

Hi, @closng
Logged out and logged in back.
The message has been sent.
Thank you!

Thanks for reporting back and glad to hear that helped get rid of the error.

Merry Christmas!

setmeioh

Hi, @closng
Logged out and logged in back.
The message has been sent.
Thank you!

closng

Hi @setmeioh,

Yes, unfortunately, the reset password link is not working at the moment and you will have to resort to sending a message to the Moderators, which i see that you have tried and have been getting error.

To get around the error, try logging out and logging back into the community or try using incognito mode on Chrome.

Let us know of that helps.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CS_Agent can you please help out.

I've seen the too many messages issue before but can't remember the solution, sorry

Need Help? Let's chat.