cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to purchase funds for add-on

misserinyes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

Just a couple of weeks ago, I successfully put $20 on my account and purchased the US Roaming package.

However, tonight, I have tried to do the same thing but have been told that there's something wrong with my credit card. The first several times, I tried to use my corporate card, which is not my normal card that is associated with my account. My corporate card has a US billing address. I was told, "Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card was declined by your card provider, so this purchase could not be completed. Contact your card provider for more information."

But I did contact my card provider and they verified that there was no issue with my card. So it was clearly an issue on Public Mobile's side.

I later tried to complete the purchase with the card I have on file, but was then told: "Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card was declined by your card provider, so this purchase could not be completed. Contact your card provider for more information. Please note this can result when multiple payments are made too close together."

But I have not successfully made any payments!

Please help, I really would like to get this package before my trip tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you!

14 REPLIES 14

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

See, never hurts to try again. Again, it is known that the system is quite finicky with credit cards and may require repeated attempts or another card.

Glad to know it ended up working.

Good to hear your issue is been resolved maybe was just system bug but as long it's solved that's all matter

have a great and safe trip
@misserinyes
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

misserinyes

Well, I have just re-entered in my normal card information and was able to purchase the add-on finally! I'm not sure what the problem was, but it is solved now.

Now I just need to get a receipt for it. 

thanks.

It's gonna be a card but once you pay at counter they will give you a long receipt with voucher pin code you login to your account click on payment where u pay by credit card but instead of credit card you click on voucher and provide PIN number and that will add fund to your account then you can buy a add on
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

It's a regular voucher like other prepaid carrier voucher usually close to cashier dept

And thanks for clearing about credit card if you even having issue with regular Canadian issue credit card then definitely send a private msg to mod dept and explain your situation check your first reply it has a link how to send a msg to mod hopefully they will look after you

misserinyes

As I said in my original post, I actually tried 2 credit cards. The first was my corporate card that uses a US billing address; however, the second was my normal card that is already attached to my account and which I have used previously. 

My normal card did not work. 

I don't know if I will have time to stop at Shoppers, but if I do, would I be looking for a Public Mobile card that looks like a gift card? I'm not familiar with these. 

It's make me feels so good that someone getting looked after by sending few suggestions and solutions

Yes that's what suggust on my first reply another card will be fastest and easiest solution if user don't want to use or make no access to other credit card then best other option is voucher and shoppers alway at the corner 😉

Watoko

Vouchers are definitely a good suggestion if no other credit cards. Otherwise trying different credit cards and entering the info shouldn't take too long, and can be done in the convenience of your own home!

Glad to see you so eager to help out though, @Samianauman!

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
@misserinyes
I think since user have a trip to make tomorrow even if they contact mod dept which is closed till tomorrow morning then sometimes it's take time to get replies back since mod have so much work load best available option is buying voucher for now and resolve credit issue with mod while on trip this way won't be without services
What do you think @Watoko

Could be since we use postal which is 6 letter long format and they used zip code which is 5

It's getting conflicting with each other

Watoko

@Samianauman I don't think it is a matter of matching up Home Address and Billing Address; the two pieces of information are independent in any transaction. The credit card verification process would only require an address match that is associated with your credit card, not your home address. And this verification is only done by the credit card company; PM's system just simply provides the information entered by the customer to the credit card company.

I am thinking it is perhaps the system can't recognize American address formats (eg. postal code vs zip code).

Agreed with you
Maybe the USA address making issues if user have Canadian address for account I think they have to match up billing address with account home address when I setup my autopay I match address of credit card with my account home address but reconfirm with mod maybe I m wrong but I think both address have to match account and billing

Watoko

You should definitely try another credit card and see if it works. Credit card transaction failures are known to be a technical issue on PM's side, and most people have reported success with another card. I am not sure if the US billing information is causing the problem, but sometimes the system is nit picky with addresses (ex. try 55 Example Street instead of 224-55 Example Street if your address has a suite number). Your safest bet is to try with another credit card to rule out a problem with an American address.

Otherwise another option is to purchase vouchers, as @Samianauman has suggested.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Here's few things you can try
First if your card have not been charged then try differnet card also you can buy a voucher from some retailers like Canadian tire shell gas station if you don't want to use your other credit card
If your card been charged then I would suggest talk to mod dept if you see a charge on your card transactions history
Here's how you can contact mod

In your private message to any moderator include whatever bits of the following info you have:
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* PM SIM card number
* Detailed explanation
* Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST)
Here is the link for how to contact moderators
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Also some other user mentioned shopper also have public mobile voucher since you have to leaves for trip tomorrow I would say get s voucher for time being
But if you see any charges to your card then also send a msg to mod dept to get that issue resolved
Need Help? Let's chat.