cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to process payment for AutoPay

owlet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been signed up with AutoPay since signing up with Public. This is the first time I have been completely unable to pay for and renew my plan, which is now suspended.

My credit card information has not changed since at least the last time a payment was processed (I have called my credit card company and verified that all the information, including address on file, are correct and that this exact card was used to make a payment before). I am having no problems making purchases with it online or in person.

But no matter how many times I re-enter this card's information and try to pay for my plan, the same message pops up:

"Unable to Process Transaction. Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged."

Please help. I just want to use my phone again ;_;

8 REPLIES 8

owlet

@LovesToPM @hairbag1 Thank you all! I will most likely buy a voucher while I wait.

As an alternative, you can get a payment voucher from 7-11 type of retailer and call 611 to pay with that voucher.

You can pay a little more and use recharge.com or ding.com.

Then contact moderator to straighten out cc issue.

@owlet wrote:

I have done that as well, and the options only allow a preregistered credit card to be used as payment. I had removed it from my account to try to reregister it and since it doesn't get processed, the card isn't registered and the 611 menu doesn't help. 😞

While you are waiting for Moderator reply, you can use one of these payment options to get your service working again. Or you can try using another credit card?

Pay For Your Services In Retail

Instant Top-Up

Instant top-ups are the best way to pay in retail with the flexibility to top-up what you want between $10 to $100 and the simplicity of having it added right to your account without needing a PIN. Simply tell the cashier how much you want topped up and provide them with your phone number. Instant top-ups are currently available at most Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands, and MacEwen locations. Contact your local store for details.

Purchasing Vouchers

We also accept payment vouchers, which you can purchase at select locations. To find the location nearest you click here. Payment voucher PINs are 12-digit numeric codes located on the receipt. The location of the PIN varies depending on where you purchase your voucher; however, you will typically find it on the top or the bottom of your receipt. To top up using a voucher, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘One Time Payment’. In the form on the next page, select ‘Payment Voucher’ as your payment method and enter your voucher code below, then click ‘Submit’.

owlet

Thank you! I have submitted a ticket and will hope for a solution. 🙂

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@owlet  Best to submit a ticket and ask the moderator to reset any cc locks on your account.

To submit a ticket to the Public Moderator Team click here . Enter Submit Ticket and then click on the Contact Us link. To access the Public Moderator Team Assistance form then select the Click me! link.

Hope this helps.

owlet

I have done that as well, and the options only allow a preregistered credit card to be used as payment. I had removed it from my account to try to reregister it and since it doesn't get processed, the card isn't registered and the 611 menu doesn't help. 😞

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@owlet , I believe the system has in place certain measures to lock out a card that has been rejected several times whether legitimate or not.  You probably need moderator team assistance here to straighten things out.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Try calling 611 with your valid credit card. Let us know if that works.

Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.