cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to port in "Something went wrong error"

fortnite
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

New PM customer here. Inserted SIM & registered for self serve less than an hour ago.

When I attempt to port-in from self serve, at the "check number for port-in availability" step, I enter my 10 digit number from the other carrier, click submit & then get the following error:

Oh no! 
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

I've tried logging out, then in, & retrying but get the same thing every time.

I don't seem to see a customer service phone no. to call but can understand the desire to keep costs low.  beggars can't be choosers but if someone could pls help that'd be appreciated!

Thanks

J

11 REPLIES 11

fortnite

Here to report port-in worked 100%

fortnite

Update for those interested. As of 13:4 MDT I am able to:

- send/receive txt from PM sim with speakout #

- call out from PM sim with speak out #

- receive calls on speakout sim with speakout #

Pretty interesting

... I guess

fortnite

hi Andu what strangeness. my gmail did NOT refresh until now (after the port)! but yeah I tried the port in BEFORE I saw your email from this morning. Funny timing

fortnite

Hey all & @CS_Agent ,

I tried again this morning & was able to port through self serve!  my acct was probably too knew @ time of OP I guess

I haven't tested the number yet but thought id update you asap.

Thanks

fortnite

@geopublic yes I already called them yesterday to get the 4 digit pin before signing up with public.

Only thing now is to wait for @CS_Agent to help me get past the error in OP

@geopublic  hey that is good to know  thanks for the info appreciate it!!

@geopublic hi thanks for the information Smiley Happy

@fortnite wrote:

@RossN @kselmak thanks both, I am a speakout wireless customer & have the port in info from them.  

I have sent message to the mods

Thanks again

Have a great day

@fortnite  Speakout does not use account numbers so you need to provide the PIN number or the IMEI number of the device you used when signing up with them. Best to just call Speakaout and ask them for your PIN number if you don't have it. You need to make sure the info is correct otherwise the port will not go through.

fortnite

@RossN @kselmak thanks both, I am a speakout wireless customer & have the port in info from them.  

I have sent message to the mods

Thanks again

Have a great day

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Were you with Koodo on prepaid?

You may have to contact moderators

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@fortnite hi if you are porting a koodo prepaid number you need to contact a moderatorhttps://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  also your number has to be active 

Need Help? Let's chat.