cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to port Bell landline to Public Mobile

Coo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have been trying to port my Bell landline # to Public mobile for some time.

I have even got a store rep to try as well.... She had no luck!

The request seemed to be "thinking" for a while , then came up with some possible causes.

I do not know why there is no place to enter the Bell account number in the request form, as it is the first possible error that comes up after failing to port. I have tried for weeks only to have the same failure notice. As of today when I try again it indicates " We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance. "

Why is this such a difficult thing to do?

Looking forward to a solution!

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Coo wrote:

Hello,

The request seemed to be "thinking" for a while , then came up with some possible causes.

I do not know why there is no place to enter the Bell account number in the request form, as it is the first possible error that comes up after failing to port. I have tried for weeks only to have the same failure notice. As of today when I try again it indicates " We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Select a new number.

Thanks

Not sure what you are doing wrong. When you go to public mobile self serve site to port your number, there you input the number you want to port and when Public Mobile System notices it's a Landline or a VoIP number then you get this attached screen. This is where you put all the relevant information. Remember landline ports can take up to 2 or so weeks but usually it's done within a day or two. If for some reason that attached screen does not come up try another browser or private mode.Screenshot_20190927-220427.png

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Coo 

If you already made a request, only moderator can revise or retry.  Porting from landline takes place over a few days until done.  Bell also hold off for some customers until speaking to them to tey to convince you to stay.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Coo 

To submit a ticket to Public Mobile click here. Login to your community account and select your issue and submit your ticket. The ticket will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Coo  As @hairbag1 said, DO NOT CLOSE YOUR BELL ACCOUNT until the number is ported or the number will be lost. Once the number is ported your Bell account will be automatically closed and you will be billed on a pro rated basis of where the account ended in the billing cycle. Cheers

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Coo wrote:

Hello,

-  Select a new number.

Thanks

Possible reason may be that you have closed your Bell account or your account is in the rears.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Coo wrote:

Hello,

-  Select a new number.

Thanks

It can take several days to a couple of weeks to port landline. Make sure you don't close out your Bell account until after port is completed.

Click on the ? in the lower right side of page to get moderator assistance.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Please contact moderators

Click on the question mark and type moderator

You can provide them with all the necessary information for port to speed things up

Need Help? Let's chat.