cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log on to user account. Was out of country so plan on maintenance Won’t let me access

Kathieknox
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello 

I was out of country so put my plan on one of the cheaper options and supposed to be good until February 5. Back now and reinsert f sim and have no service. 

Cannot log into account. So went for password reset but that doesn’t work either. Won’t let me go beyond entering and re-entering password. Gives odd message of run on words 

67 REPLIES 67

@GINA1975 

Clear your browser, reboot your device, use secret/incognito mode after waiting one hour since your last attempt. Sometimes the site is just finicky....if it still gives you trouble then contact the mods.

@GINA1975 wrote:

I have a new bank card and need to update my account. I have forgotten my password and when I answer the security question (my mother's middle name) IT'S NOT WORKING. I'm pretty confident I know my mother's name. I need a customer service person to help me with this today or I'm going to move my number to another provider. I am really unhappy. 

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@GINA1975 wrote:

I have a new bank card and need to update my account. I have forgotten my password and when I answer the security question (my mother's middle name) IT'S NOT WORKING. I'm pretty confident I know my mother's name. I need a customer service person to help me with this today or I'm going to move my number to another provider. I am really unhappy. 

How long has it been since your last regular plan expired ? If it was longer than 89 days, your account has been closed. You'd need a new sim to start a new account.

GINA1975
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kathieknox wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kathieknox wrote:

Could you kindly tell me how to find my account number.  I can no longer log in since pm gave my number away. CCTS has accepted my complaint and have said it would be helpful for them to have that.  

Yowza. That's a lot of text.

If you still have your original welcome email then it's in the To: part.

There is no account number on the welcome email.

It should be in the To: area in front your email address looking like what a name would look like.

I use Thunderbird as an email client. This is what it looks like (blanked and no remote content).

Capture.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kathieknox wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kathieknox wrote:

Could you kindly tell me how to find my account number.  I can no longer log in since pm gave my number away. CCTS has accepted my complaint and have said it would be helpful for them to have that.  

Thanks I will look.  If you're referring to the message from @darlicious  I thought it was great and I'm really appreciative.  

Absolutely. And now...comes with paragraphs too. 🙂

I was also referring to your double quoting like you did this one. (I edited my quote of your quote)

Kathieknox

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kathieknox wrote:

There is no account number on the welcome email.

Kathieknox

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kathieknox wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kathieknox wrote:

Thanks I will look.  If you're referring to the message from @darlicious  I thought it was great and I'm really appreciative.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kathieknox wrote:

Kathieknox

@Kathieknox wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Kathieknox 

Public Mobiles business model of online help only has exacerbated your situation because of the limitations of communication mainly the community forum and private messaging. Reaching out to @Tiana_V  (whom replaced @Alan_K last fall) and subsequently  @Alan_K  (please note the spelling w/ a"K" not a "T") thru private messaging will help in trying to come to a resolution. I have been in communication with both in the past and they have been very helpful and concerned with any issues at hand. Communication has been timely and effective but not everything has been resolved but has been escalated or investigated and ongoing.

I think that the lack of communication back in November  is partially due to your misunderstandings of pm's system of private messaging and reliance on the community to help sort out issues first. Im not sure if public mobile recieved many of your communications since they do not generally respond to or send emails only private messages. I do see you reached out to the community  without much response or success in November. I was surprised I myself had not seen your plea back then. Unfortunately that day is the one day of the week I normally work at two jobs and I'm generally MIA from this forum for 24 hours. You tried your best but it was lacking the correct method of communication for the most part and you seemed to have fallen thru the cracks of the community.

It does not help that it appeared everything had sorted itself out when pm took your payment on the 14th of November. I'm sure at the time you breathed a sigh of relief and went about your business. Only to have for whatever reason (glitch, human error, accounting etc...) your account suddenly closed and phone number released back to the recycled number pool. Due to its desirable area code it may have been released at 60 rather than 90 days and quickly snatched up.. By circumstance you did not notice the loss of your service/phone number and without a complaint or a request for service pm has not been able to rectify the error at the time.

Here you are today....more than two months since your account was closed trying to desperately resurrect your account and phone number once you have finally figured out the best means of communication with pm and the moderators. As much as you are absolutely  right in  wanting to recieve the services and your phone number you have to accept that you are not going to get what you really want....your phone number back. Aside from the fact it's been reassigned and if pm or even telus reached out to the customer and offered inducements to relinquish it I dongt think thats ever going to happen. He sounds like an uncaring axxhole who would keep it to just torment you because he can.....you can always reach out and ask what his price would be but I think it would be unpayable. (Insert Dr. Evil clip here.)

This is the best advice I can give so you can deal with your complaint and come to a resolution. Activate a new account with public mobile (yes I see the irony) on the current promotion. I recommend either the $40 ($28 on promo) or the $15 ($8 on promo) w/the $5/500 min add on. Now you will have the ability to fully communicate with everyone that you need to.....family, friends, the CCTS, the BBB, your employer, doctors etc...I will say this again. Accept this you will likely never get your phone number back. This is just a fact. Mistakes happen in life that cannot be corrected.  You have to get over it. In the whole scheme of things its not the end of the world. You're still alive, you have a job, a place to live, people who love you,  people to support you and willing help. There are many situations you could be in that are much worse.

Take some time to decide what you want (realistically) public mobile to do to compensate you to resolve your complaint. Do a little research on what and how they have resolved BBB complaints and how the CCTS resolves consumer complaints. Then decide and approach public mobile and their escalations department with your proposal. They are very willing to compensate and resolve an issue with credits or refunds and sincere apologies. I'm sure if possible they would at least try to reach out and retrieve your phone number but that person is not the type to be understanding so that is a nonstarter in my opinion. If you can simply resolve your complaint with public mobile rather than escalate all the way to the CCTS it will be a lot less stressful and time consuming. In the end you will only settle the complaint in the same manner with similar compensation. 

I'm happy to provide more support and/or advice as you continue to pursue your complaint publicly on the community or privately if you prefer. I wish you luck and a good result but caution you to remain realistic and accept the things you cannot change. I and the community are here to help you.   darlicious

Thank you all for your help and support.  I will update at some point.

Could you kindly tell me how to find my account number since I can no longer log in since pm gave my number away. CCTS has accepted my complaint and have said it would be helpful for them to have that. Again thank you all.  

@darlicious wrote:

@Kathieknox 

Public Mobiles business model of online help only has exacerbated your situation because of the limitations of communication mainly the community forum and private messaging. Reaching out to @Tiana_V  (whom replaced @Alan_K last fall) and subsequently  @Alan_K  (please note the spelling w/ a"K" not a "T") thru private messaging will help in trying to come to a resolution. I have been in communication with both in the past and they have been very helpful and concerned with any issues at hand. Communication has been timely and effective but not everything has been resolved but has been escalated or investigated and ongoing.

I think that the lack of communication back in November  is partially due to your misunderstandings of pm's system of private messaging and reliance on the community to help sort out issues first. Im not sure if public mobile recieved many of your communications since they do not generally respond to or send emails only private messages. I do see you reached out to the community  without much response or success in November. I was surprised I myself had not seen your plea back then. Unfortunately that day is the one day of the week I normally work at two jobs and I'm generally MIA from this forum for 24 hours. You tried your best but it was lacking the correct method of communication for the most part and you seemed to have fallen thru the cracks of the community.

It does not help that it appeared everything had sorted itself out when pm took your payment on the 14th of November. I'm sure at the time you breathed a sigh of relief and went about your business. Only to have for whatever reason (glitch, human error, accounting etc...) your account suddenly closed and phone number released back to the recycled number pool. Due to its desirable area code it may have been released at 60 rather than 90 days and quickly snatched up.. By circumstance you did not notice the loss of your service/phone number and without a complaint or a request for service pm has not been able to rectify the error at the time.

Here you are today....more than two months since your account was closed trying to desperately resurrect your account and phone number once you have finally figured out the best means of communication with pm and the moderators. As much as you are absolutely  right in  wanting to recieve the services and your phone number you have to accept that you are not going to get what you really want....your phone number back. Aside from the fact it's been reassigned and if pm or even telus reached out to the customer and offered inducements to relinquish it I dongt think thats ever going to happen. He sounds like an uncaring axxhole who would keep it to just torment you because he can.....you can always reach out and ask what his price would be but I think it would be unpayable. (Insert Dr. Evil clip here.)

This is the best advice I can give so you can deal with your complaint and come to a resolution. Activate a new account with public mobile (yes I see the irony) on the current promotion. I recommend either the $40 ($28 on promo) or the $15 ($8 on promo) w/the $5/500 min add on. Now you will have the ability to fully communicate with everyone that you need to.....family, friends, the CCTS, the BBB, your employer, doctors etc...I will say this again. Accept this you will likely never get your phone number back. This is just a fact. Mistakes happen in life that cannot be corrected.  You have to get over it. In the whole scheme of things its not the end of the world. You're still alive, you have a job, a place to live, people who love you,  people to support you and willing help. There are many situations you could be in that are much worse.

Take some time to decide what you want (realistically) public mobile to do to compensate you to resolve your complaint. Do a little research on what and how they have resolved BBB complaints and how the CCTS resolves consumer complaints. Then decide and approach public mobile and their escalations department with your proposal. They are very willing to compensate and resolve an issue with credits or refunds and sincere apologies. I'm sure if possible they would at least try to reach out and retrieve your phone number but that person is not the type to be understanding so that is a nonstarter in my opinion. If you can simply resolve your complaint with public mobile rather than escalate all the way to the CCTS it will be a lot less stressful and time consuming. In the end you will only settle the complaint in the same manner with similar compensation. 

I'm happy to provide more support and/or advice as you continue to pursue your complaint publicly on the community or privately if you prefer. I wish you luck and a good result but caution you to remain realistic and accept the things you cannot change. I and the community are here to help you.   darlicious

Thank you all for your kind help and support.  

Kathieknox

@darlicious wrote:

@Kathieknox 

Thank you all for your help and support.  I will update at some point.

Could you kindly tell me how to find my account number since I can no longer log in since pm gave my number away. CCTS has accepted my complaint and have said it would be helpful for them to have that. Again thank you all.  

@darlicious wrote:

@Kathieknox 

@darlicious  While that "wall of text" may not be entirely what the OP wanted to see, kudos for a well thought out post! 👍 

@Kathieknox 

Kathieknox

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Kathieknox I can sense your fustration.

Has @Alan_K or @Tiana_V been in contact with you yet? If anyone at PM can help you, they can.

thank you , I have just sent a private message to @Tiana_V. I did't realize i could do that. Thank yuou kindly.

Perhaps i should be sending a message to @Alan_T, the moderator who did not follow up and did not reply to my 14 messages.  What do you think? seems to make sense to me. Perhaps he will take responsibility.  None of the 3 moderators who have replied to me in the last two days have indicated that i tried so hard to reach @Alan_T  but that he did not reply to my 14 emails.

Kathieknox

@darlicious wrote:

@Kathieknox  Is there a possibility that someone would know your log in details of your account? @wetcoaster  brings up a good point that it almost sounds like your number was ported out. Is there anyone who could have known certain details along with knowing when a payment was made and when you would be out off the country? Did the moderator mention porting or just the cancellation of your account? The general rule of thumb is a phone number remains in the redistribution pool for 90 days.

With a little investigation try to find out how long the new customer has had your number? Do a reverse phone number look up to determine what company has the number? Bell? Telus?...etc...  Is there anyone you know who may have called your number since Nov 15th to determine if it was out of service or in service? Or bite the bullet and see if you can sweet talk some info out of the new customer with your number.

Unfortunatley the new customer is not answering his phone, he has a very unprofessional and confusing voicemail and he has not contacted me with any doctor appointments etc which i have asked him to do out of courtesy.

Kathieknox

@LovesToPM wrote:

Has @Alan_K or @Tiana_V been in contact with you yet? If anyone at PM can help you, they can.

Thank you .

No unfortunately they have not.  Is there a way to bring all of this to their attention?

Kathieknox

@Kathieknox wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Kathieknox  It appears that a grevious error by public mobile has created a huge problem for you that by no means is your fault. The moderators are doing what they can to help you at the moment but obviously is not helping this situation you are faced with currently. Perhaps @Alan_K or @Tiana_V will be able to help when they return to work in the morning.

In the interim to get you service while trying to get this mess sorted out I suggest you activate with a new SIM card on the new promotion. You can ask to have your out of pocket expenses credited back to you....you can also ask to speak to the escalations department in trying to resolve the whole situation. I realize this is not ideal but it's a start and you will have a phone number to give to the important people/businesses that you need to be in contact with and hopefully will be able to port your number back into the newly created account.

HELP!!! I am so upset.  I am at my wit's end with public mobile and about to contact the CRTC.Can someone in the public mobile community help and in some way go to bat for me with the moderators or supervisors.  How high up can i go?  I believe I have to go on to the CRTC now.  Public Mobile is refusing to give my number back and they have not yet taken responsibility for the fact that the moderator Alan_T whom i  finally got in touch with on November 5th did not reply to 14 EMAILS i subsequently sent after that trying to reach him to resolve the problem. Finally on November 13th,I reached out to the community as I was extremely concerned about losing my number. I kept reaching out by email to the moderator Alan_T but to no avail.  I finally reached out to the community on November 13th as i was so concerned about the potential to lose my number.  The moderator/supervisor is not acknowledging any of these emails that i sent in an attempt to sort out.  The only email i had from him was the inital one where he said he would be happy to help and that i needed to validate.  I replied to him that the link did not work.. I tried to provide all of the info he might need like phone number email, etc.  I kept writing emails to him for an update, and letting him know that eventually it did seem i was able to validate, asking how long that process would take, etc. etc. I never had a single reply and then they closed my file and phone number.  Why when i reached out so specifically to both the moderator team (and the community which they do acknowledge i did) did they not follow up?? dealing with public mobiel and getting a reply from moderators has taken days and days in the past and sometimes i have not heard back. Sometimes i have days if not weeks later.  And in some cases moderators have followed up to see what has gone wrong or if the case should still be open.  None of that here!! So public mobile takes no responsibility for any of this other than offering to give my my $15 back.. MY $15 that their site took, and sent me a message that it was accepted and that i did not owe any funds until next time, February. So how on earth should i be held at fault for not conacting them and making the correct payment.

Could they not at least contact the person who has had my number for such a short while and ask if they would be willing to negotiate a return to me.

Can someone help, please???
My next step is the CRTC.

I just spent about half an hour writing down all of the details here on the community site and my computer shut down and it seems i have lost everything i wrote. 

Sorry this shows as a reply this morning but it is from yesterday. thanks

Kathieknox

@LovesToPM wrote:

No unfortunately not.

I had 5 communications with Andu

2 with Gerardo

6 with Cesar_A

All extremely frustrating and obviously massively time consuming.  No one has acknowledged that I emailed them repeatedly long before the cut off date and that noone replied back  !4 Emails in total between november 2 and 14th.

They acknowledge that i reached out to the community on the 14th and they acknowledge they took my $15.  They have NOT acknowledged that the site allowed me to pay $15 and have a notation that i was paid up until the next payment period (february)

They have taken no responsibility and just say they have the ability to take my number.  
I have asked them to at least speak to the person who has my number and maybe he will be reasonable about letting me have it.

CAN you IMAGINE the problems now with What's APP also? He will now have access to my what's app messages.  I googled that.

I asked for escalation to as high as it could go and i have not had a reply since the messages from Cesar_A who noted he is a supervisor. 

I advised that i would be contacting the CRTC.  The irony is that CRTC voicemail asks for a call back phone number which i do not have! I am contacting them via email.

Kathieknox

Kathieknox

@darlicious wrote:

@Kathieknox  It appears that a grevious error by public mobile has created a huge problem for you that by no means is your fault. The moderators are doing what they can to help you at the moment but obviously is not helping this situation you are faced with currently. Perhaps @Alan_K or @Tiana_V will be able to help when they return to work in the morning.

In the interim to get you service while trying to get this mess sorted out I suggest you activate with a new SIM card on the new promotion. You can ask to have your out of pocket expenses credited back to you....you can also ask to speak to the escalations department in trying to resolve the whole situation. I realize this is not ideal but it's a start and you will have a phone number to give to the important people/businesses that you need to be in contact with and hopefully will be able to port your number back into the newly created account.

HELP!!! I am so upset.  I am at my wit's end with public mobile and about to contact the CRTC.Can someone in the public mobile community help and in some way go to bat for me with the moderators or supervisors.  How high up can i go?  I believe I have to go on to the CRTC now.  Public Mobile is refusing to give my number back and they have not yet taken responsibility for the fact that the moderator Alan_T whom i  finally got in touch with on November 5th did not reply to 14 EMAILS i subsequently sent after that trying to reach him to resolve the problem. Finally on November 13th,I reached out to the community as I was extremely concerned about losing my number. I kept reaching out by email to the moderator Alan_T but to no avail.  I finally reached out to the community on November 13th as i was so concerned about the potential to lose my number.  The moderator/supervisor is not acknowledging any of these emails that i sent in an attempt to sort out.  The only email i had from him was the inital one where he said he would be happy to help and that i needed to validate.  I replied to him that the link did not work.. I tried to provide all of the info he might need like phone number email, etc.  I kept writing emails to him for an update, and letting him know that eventually it did seem i was able to validate, asking how long that process would take, etc. etc. I never had a single reply and then they closed my file and phone number.  Why when i reached out so specifically to both the moderator team (and the community which they do acknowledge i did) did they not follow up?? dealing with public mobiel and getting a reply from moderators has taken days and days in the past and sometimes i have not heard back. Sometimes i have days if not weeks later.  And in some cases moderators have followed up to see what has gone wrong or if the case should still be open.  None of that here!! So public mobile takes no responsibility for any of this other than offering to give my my $15 back.. MY $15 that their site took, and sent me a message that it was accepted and that i did not owe any funds until next time, February. So how on earth should i be held at fault for not conacting them and making the correct payment.

Could they not at least contact the person who has had my number for such a short while and ask if they would be willing to negotiate a return to me.

Can someone help, please???
My next step is the CRTC.

I just spent about half an hour writing down all of the details here on the community site and my computer shut down and it seems i have lost everything i wrote. 

@popping wrote:

Which carrier gave you your number?

If your number is from Telus/Koodo/PM, it will be easier to get it back.  

If your number is not from Telus/Koodo/PM, it will be harder to get it back because your number had been returned to the original provider who gave you your number.

@Kathieknox  Your issue is being escalated. I hope that @Alan_K or @Tiana_V will be able to help you get back on track soon.

You may already know this, but you can lookup the original provider of your phone number here: http://www.cnac.ca/co_codes/co_code_status.htm

Click on your area code to open the html file. Then look for the first 3 digits of your phone number.

@Kathieknox  Is there a possibility that someone would know your log in details of your account? @wetcoaster  brings up a good point that it almost sounds like your number was ported out. Is there anyone who could have known certain details along with knowing when a payment was made and when you would be out off the country? Did the moderator mention porting or just the cancellation of your account? The general rule of thumb is a phone number remains in the redistribution pool for 90 days.

With a little investigation try to find out how long the new customer has had your number? Do a reverse phone number look up to determine what company has the number? Bell? Telus?...etc...  Is there anyone you know who may have called your number since Nov 15th to determine if it was out of service or in service? Or bite the bullet and see if you can sweet talk some info out of the new customer with your number.

@Kathieknox wrote:

@popping wrote:

@Kathieknox wrote:

Get a load of this! They took my “funds as a successful payment on November 14 and then they cancelled it on November 15 even though the funds were taken”. AND THEY HAVE  GIVEN AWAY MY NUMBER ! I am insensed. I am going to fight this. It has only been two months and they have given my number away?? They can give it back to me. 

Hello

i am extremely stressed by this situation and the ramifications. I am now left without a phone number and without data. Not a safe situation to be in at all! And how absolutely unprofessional it will appear when colleagues, doctor offices, employers etc call me and get a very unprofessional voice mail from the man who has my number now (as per one of the suggestions here I did call as did a friend of mine).  All those organizations and offices will be canceling MY appointments and policies etc when they don’t hear back from me and assume I ignored their calls implying that I was not interested. 

Public mobile is the carrier. I purchased the sim and signed up while in a Walmart store in 2017. 

The moderator called Andu has admitted, as I quoted below, that the funds were taken from me and I quote : “as a successful payment on November 14th, 2019 but after that on November 15th, 2019 the account got cancelled even though the 15$ funds were taken”. That is a direct quote from them. 

I followed repeatedly the suggestions and directions given in the community about how to ensure a number is not lost by ensuring that payment was made before the end of a three month period of inactivity or suspension. 

I am insisting that they give me my number back. It has only been taken from me (incorrectly) since November 15th. So that is a ridiculously short period of time to put the number into circulation without contacting me. I had even reached out to the PM’s as I was having difficulty. You will likely see this in my community posts as well on November 14. 

There is no reason they can not retrieve the number from the person who has my number now. Why should I made to suffer for their mistake. I have had the number since 2017 which is far more of an inconvenience than for the person who has had my number in less than two months. 

I have asked for an immediate resolution and return of my number and have advised that otherwise I will be contacting the CRTC. In this age of social media it will not serve them well if I give them a disgraceful review on every social media platform, inform the public and also the public mobile community here. 

The person who has my number has a very unprofessional voice mail greeting ( yes I followed suggestions here to call my number) and that bodes extremely poorly for me when any of my colleagues, employers, medical offices etc try to call me.  They will simply assume I did not have the courtesy to return their calls and their take on that will be that I am declining. 

Surely the person who has my number will not want me calling to ask them to surrender my number. I may not be able to do that but as a friend of mine said, there is nothing stopping all of my friends from calling which would annoy the person no end such that they may we’ll request another number. My understanding was that numbers were typically retired for a substantial amount of time in order to prevent that from happening. At least that’s what reputable cell phone companies world wide do. 

Please post a screenshot of your payment history staryting a month before Nov 14.  We will take a look to figure out what went wrong.

If PM cancel your account on Nov 15, your number has not been recycled to be used again.

If your number is not from Telus/Koodo/PM, it will be harder to get it back because your number had been returned to the original provider who gave you your number.

Any more information on that cancellation on November 15? Could it be that the number was ported out instead of canceled? Overall that scenario would make more sense...

@Kathieknox  WOW, although PM definitely has a myriad of issues, I'm blown away by THIS one!!! 😲 

Sorry to hear how it's gone, and I know if I was in the same situation, I would be ROYALLY P.O.'d.

I suggest you do some research into the time frame that's SUPPOSED to pass before a number can be passed along to another customer. I could be wrong, and I honestly don't know where I read it before(might have been here?), but as previously mentioned, I could've sworn it was 90 days that a returned number had to sit in.... shall we say.... quarantine, before it could be put back into circulation.

Good luck, and let us know how this gets resolved.

Kathieknox

@popping wrote:

@Kathieknox wrote:

Get a load of this! They took my “funds as a successful payment on November 14 and then they cancelled it on November 15 even though the funds were taken”. AND THEY HAVE  GIVEN AWAY MY NUMBER ! I am insensed. I am going to fight this. It has only been two months and they have given my number away?? They can give it back to me. 

Hello

i am extremely stressed by this situation and the ramifications. I am now left without a phone number and without data. Not a safe situation to be in at all! And how absolutely unprofessional it will appear when colleagues, doctor offices, employers etc call me and get a very unprofessional voice mail from the man who has my number now (as per one of the suggestions here I did call as did a friend of mine).  All those organizations and offices will be canceling MY appointments and policies etc when they don’t hear back from me and assume I ignored their calls implying that I was not interested. 

Public mobile is the carrier. I purchased the sim and signed up while in a Walmart store in 2017. 

The moderator called Andu has admitted, as I quoted below, that the funds were taken from me and I quote : “as a successful payment on November 14th, 2019 but after that on November 15th, 2019 the account got cancelled even though the 15$ funds were taken”. That is a direct quote from them. 

I followed repeatedly the suggestions and directions given in the community about how to ensure a number is not lost by ensuring that payment was made before the end of a three month period of inactivity or suspension. 

I am insisting that they give me my number back. It has only been taken from me (incorrectly) since November 15th. So that is a ridiculously short period of time to put the number into circulation without contacting me. I had even reached out to the PM’s as I was having difficulty. You will likely see this in my community posts as well on November 14. 

There is no reason they can not retrieve the number from the person who has my number now. Why should I made to suffer for their mistake. I have had the number since 2017 which is far more of an inconvenience than for the person who has had my number in less than two months. 

I have asked for an immediate resolution and return of my number and have advised that otherwise I will be contacting the CRTC. In this age of social media it will not serve them well if I give them a disgraceful review on every social media platform, inform the public and also the public mobile community here. 

The person who has my number has a very unprofessional voice mail greeting ( yes I followed suggestions here to call my number) and that bodes extremely poorly for me when any of my colleagues, employers, medical offices etc try to call me.  They will simply assume I did not have the courtesy to return their calls and their take on that will be that I am declining. 

Surely the person who has my number will not want me calling to ask them to surrender my number. I may not be able to do that but as a friend of mine said, there is nothing stopping all of my friends from calling which would annoy the person no end such that they may we’ll request another number. My understanding was that numbers were typically retired for a substantial amount of time in order to prevent that from happening. At least that’s what reputable cell phone companies world wide do. 

Please post a screenshot of your payment history staryting a month before Nov 14.  We will take a look to figure out what went wrong.

If PM cancel your account on Nov 15, your number has not been recycled to be used again.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kathieknox wrote:

Kathieknox

@Luddite wrote:

@Kathieknox What was the date of your last credit card charge from Public Mobile? On a 30 day plan, account deletion is 120 days after that NOT 4 months.

Use the Textnow app on wifi to, at least, have some services while awaiting the moderators.

@Kathieknox What was the date of your last credit card charge from Public Mobile? On a 30 day plan, account deletion is 120 days after that NOT 4 months.

Use the Textnow app on wifi to, at least, have some services while awaiting the moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.