cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to download pictures

embacher
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When I receive a message with a picture attached, when I click the download button the arrow goes around but no picture ever appears. I have an Elefone_X on which I am unable to get data to work. The phone has the Android 8.1 operating system. Do I need data to download pictures? The phone works fine for calls and text messages. Wifi works fine as well. Any suggestions.

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@embacher wrote:

......hav.e ordered roam.com sim. Let's hope it will work. Than you for your help.....Ernie

Somebody on redflagdeals wrote a quick and dirty app to open up editing the APN. Download it. Run it. Bypass warnings. Edit APN.

The app is here. Credit to miji2 on rfd.

Speakout SIM's will also work. Roam, Fizz, Freedom.

embacher

......hav.e ordered roam.com sim. Let's hope it will work. Than you for your help.....Ernie

@embacher wrote:

......Freedom mobile does not work where I live so my local Walmart did not have any. Does Feedom have to work or is simply buying the sim card sufficient.

@embacher  If you can't get a hold of a Freedom sim another customer has reported that Fizz also works. Another option is to purchase a roam.com sim from ebay.

jal_wong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You'll still need to configure your phone to use Freedom's APN settings.

It doesn't make any sense you can't modify your APN settings.  The minimum you should be able to add a new one.

embacher

......Freedom mobile does not work where I live so my local Walmart did not have any. Does Feedom have to work or is simply buying the sim card sufficient.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@embacher there are some workarounds in the help section you might want to give a read I am more of an Iphone user one suggestion was o downgrade to 7.1 if you can?

@embacher wrote:

...the problem is Android 8.1 will not let you edit the APN to the Public mobile settings.

@embacher  You can add the APN if you use a roam.com or Freedom sim card.

embacher

...the problem is Android 8.1 will not let you edit the APN to the Public mobile settings.

@embacher  here are the apn settings you need for your data to work These are the Public Mobile APN settings you need:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

If you need to know where to find the settings:
Android
Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Iphone
Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
OR
Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You don't need to buy data but you may need to enable it in order to receive

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@embacher  yes you need your data on for mms but you don't need a data plan

Need Help? Let's chat.