cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create a self serve my account

immey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I've just successfully transferred my number to Public Mobile. I've tried creating a self-serve account but I have been unsuccessful. The error message that comes up in red text is 'The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here. ' I tried resetting the password (in case I had inadvertently created the account) but there has been no new pin sent to my email as well.

I'm unsure what to do at this point as I wanted to have a way to keep track how much data i use, change details should I need to etc. Any assistance that can be provided would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

Cheers,

Immey

5 REPLIES 5

immey

Thanks! I'm kind of kicking myself for not reading the community forums before I started my activation/port. I suspect in retrospect it would have been easier if I had just created a new number. Ah well - learning experience for me 🙂

@immey 
wrote:

Thanks everyone for the replies and helpful information. 

I've apparently now managed to lock myself out of being able to reset my password. In addition, I've also discovered my port from Fongo hasn't been successful as I am unable to receive calls. In order to solve my "winning" streak - I suspect I will be contacting a moderator for assistance 🙂

Porting from Fongo voip takes longer than other wireless carrier. Fongo mentions that it can take upto 2 weeks for the process to complete. 

immey

Thanks everyone for the replies and helpful information. 

I've apparently now managed to lock myself out of being able to reset my password. In addition, I've also discovered my port from Fongo hasn't been successful as I am unable to receive calls. In order to solve my "winning" streak - I suspect I will be contacting a moderator for assistance 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@immey, the error message you received has to do with the fact that your number has already been associated with an account.  I was doing some account shuffling recently and encountered the same issue.  If you are unsure of what account is associated with the number, I suggest private messaging the moderator team.  They should be able to point you in the right direction.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@immey If you activated already, you must have created an account. Do you not remember your email and password you entered during the first step of the activation process? 

Need Help? Let's chat.