cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
areid2003
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Unable to connect to 1-800 number

I am unable to connect to a 1-800 number but my son who has the same service with Public can. Not sure who to contact. Service works fine otherwise and I need to be able to connect to this 1-800 number for work purposes.I have replaced the phone and have same problem so it is not related to the phone perhaps the account (SIM)?

Accepted Solutions
geopublic
Mayor / Maire

Re: Unable to connect to 1-800 number

@areid2003 wrote:

Actually we both have different area codes. He has 705 and I am 647. I did not think of that. Any suggested resolution?

@areid2003  Check to see if that 1-800 has a local GTA number that you can call.

View solution in original post

All Replies
geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@areid2003 wrote:

I am unable to connect to a 1-800 number but my son who has the same service with Public can. Not sure who to contact. Service works fine otherwise and I need to be able to connect to this 1-800 number for work purposes.I have replaced the phone and have same problem so it is not related to the phone perhaps the account (SIM)?

@areid2003  To eliminate the possibility of having entered the number incorrectly in you contacts did you try calling the number manually?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.

areid2003

The number was removed from contact list and re-entered and also tried manually. Same result. Unable to connect.

areid2003

Phone has been rebooted several times already and finally replaced with same result. Unable to connect.

Same SIM in two different phones yields same results.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@areid2003 I would create a ticket with mods to ask them to restart your account on their end. Click on ? on bottom right of the page and follow directions.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@areid2003 wrote:

The number was removed from contact list and re-entered and also tried manually. Same result. Unable to connect.

@areid2003  Try your son's sim in your phone and dial the number. Does it work? If yes, is his area code the same as yours?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@areid2003  do you and your son have the same area codes? Maybe  you have a newer one and they haven't updated the 1800 number yet.

areid2003

Actually we both have different area codes. He has 705 and I am 647. I did not think of that. Any suggested resolution?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@areid2003 wrote:

@areid2003  Check to see if that 1-800 has a local GTA number that you can call.

View solution in original post

Need Help? Let's chat.