cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access self serve account, SIM card network locked?

sleepwalkin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, hoping someone has an idea of what to try next.

I recently went through the activation process for my SIM card and Account Profile, made the payment and recieved an email for said payment, but I can't log in, password recovery doesn't work, and can't verify my number on self serve.

I also am greeted with a network unlock code request when inserting my PM SIM card into my phone, which I do not have?

I'm pretty confused and not sure where to turn next. I skimmed over the Community but didn't seem to find anything that could solve this.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Ossai,

Thank you for raising concern with us!

Sorry to hear that you've been unable to access your SIM card nor use your phone, I could definitely help clarify the situation.

Looking into it, it seems like your number was ported out, causing your account to become inactive. If you'd like to re-activate with PM, you can start off by ordering a SIM card here: https://store.publicmobile.ca/cart

Once received and activated, you should also be able to port your phone number back in. Also check out our new price plans as our legacy plans are no longer available. 

I hope this helps 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ossai

You should not post personal information like phone number here in this public forum.  Please edit your post to remove this by clicking the three dots in the upper-right corner of your post.

For help with your issue, you should send a private message to a moderator with your phone number.  The moderators return to duty at 9am EST.

Ossai

Hello,

Please, I need your urgent response. My public mobile is not active and I want it to be activated. My plan is still active which I subscribe a week ago but now I can not  call or  text massage.

Please, I need your help. This is my number 4*********

I am waiting for your urgent reply

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sleepwalkin

If you don't have network access even on your unlocked iPhone with your PM SIM, that means that your port is stuck, and you will again require moderator assistance to get that fully completed. You should mention to them as well in the same message. That way they can all be dealt with at once!

Good luck.

If your Bell Mobility service is still active, you can purchase the code from them.  I believe they  are charging $50.

Unlock codes for an S5 can also be purchased from elsewhere,  with a cost of a little more than $10.

sleepwalkin

Thanks all,

I had completely forgotten Network locked phones was a thing.  I was assuming my Galaxy S5 was unlocked due to a Virgin Mobile SIM working in a Bell phone, but neglected to realize VM was a subsidary of Bell.

There still does seem to be a problem porting my number, but that is unrelated to the S5, as the PM SIM works in my old unlocked Iphone, but has no network access.

I'll unlock my current phone and contact the mods to get selfserve account access.  Hopefully we can deduce how to port after that.

As above, the account setup (in)completion is something that the moderators will have to help you with.  At times, the oline activation process is buggy.

As for your phone, it is locked to another carrier. Unfortunately, Public Mobile cannot help you with that.  You will need to get it unlocked by paying someone for that service.  Note that your phone being locked has nothing to do witih Public Mobile and isn't an issue with the service itself.

WearySky

I find it funny that people think the site is ready for a big promo, despite repeatedly seeing posts like this on the forums.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

When you contact the moderator as @Watoko recommended, you should include your SIM card number and e-mail address as well.

Also, your account may need a password reset. Since password resets are time sensitive, and private messaging is the moderators' preferred method of communication for account issues, I advise you to turn on e-mail notifications for receipt of private messages in your community account. To do this, go to Settings -> Preferences -> Private Messenger. There is a checkbox next to "Receive email notifications for new private messages" which you can toggle on/off. Be sure to hit save after making the change.

Watoko

To get your account working, you will need moderator assistance to make some back end changes to your account. You can contact them following the instructions here. Be sure to include your phone number in the message.

As for the network unlock code, it is likely that your phone is locked to another carrier and thus you are unable to use your phone on the PM/Telus network. Who was your previous provider? Where did you buy your phone?

You can find more details about unlocking your phone along with services that can help you unlock your phone here.

Need Help? Let's chat.