cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access account to change plan

mallorylevy14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently set up my mother-in-law with public mobile and it was working great but now we can't access her self-serve account. when I try to reset the password it says we are locked out - not sure what to do as we need to get in to update her plan!

SD08:  Moved from Beginner's Guide to Community; title edited to reflect subject.

9 REPLIES 9

@mallorylevy14 

Is the number portable to a telus owned provider? Check here...

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

@Mountainmaxman 

You might want this link if you don't already have it?

@mallorylevy14 

Refer to this article on porting and changing numbers:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

@mallorylevy14 wrote:

It doesn't have to be changed tonight but I do want it changed ASAP. The weird thing is I registered her with public mobile a month ago and successfully got her phone set up and working with her old number that we had transferred. Now today after a month of working great, she received a message saying that the phone # transfer was not successful so they randomly assigned her a new number. I want to see if we can get her old number back or what caused the issue after 1 month of it working fine?  But now I can't even get into her self serve account. 

That means that the transfer was refused by the old carrier and it was never transfered.  Is the number at the old carrier still active. If it's still active, you can try again.  First, have the moderators reset the password.

mallorylevy14

It doesn't have to be changed tonight but I do want it changed ASAP. The weird thing is I registered her with public mobile a month ago and successfully got her phone set up and working with her old number that we had transferred. Now today after a month of working great, she received a message saying that the phone # transfer was not successful so they randomly assigned her a new number. I want to see if we can get her old number back or what caused the issue after 1 month of it working fine?  But now I can't even get into her self serve account. 

mallorylevy14

Thanks for quick reply ! I've tried to reset the password but then I get the error message that I am locked out and have to contact public mobile.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@mallorylevy14 

For your account security, PM locks further login attempts after 5 tries. Here's what to do next:

• Please wait 1 hour for your account to become unlocked
  • When your account is unlocked, please try resetting your password

@mallorylevy14 

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less today as there are new trainees. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@mallorylevy14 wrote:

I recently set up my mother-in-law with public mobile and it was working great but now we can't access her self-serve account. when I try to reset the password it says we are locked out - not sure what to do as we need to get in to update her plan!

The plan was working great or the self self account was working great?  if you activated in store, the self serve account still needs to be created.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mallorylevy14 

Does the plan need to be changed tonight before renewal? Contact the moderators via simon by clicking on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of the screen. Type account specific issue and human and follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

And/or you could send a private message and fully explain the issue and your intended plan change. This way even if it renews on the current plan the moderators may perform the change for you afterwards and credit the account the difference. But if its a higher priced plan you would want to add the extra funds to pay for the plan via 611. Either with the card on file and your 4 digit account pin# or by voucher. Vouchers sold by 7/11, Shell stations, London drugs and SDM can all be loaded immediately via 611 as there is no delay in their validity. There is also online top ups with recharge.com or ding.com for a small fee.

Need Help? Let's chat.