Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Process Transaction

Serge_G1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good day,

When I try to register my credit card for autopay I get the following message:

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

I have not changed anything under my account. I was using the same credit card for the last year. Called my credit card company to make sure there wasn't any block on it. I remove all my credit card information and re-entered it on the self serve and couldn't make it work. There are no special character in the address line.

Any help would be appreciated since I cannot autopay my account and had to purchase a voucher to keep my account activated. Problem started on the 12 of October.

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10

@Mass wrote:

Unable to process my payment 

Could you please give us more details so we can assist you. Autopay?

Mass

Unable to process my payment 

@JoyLuck wrote:

@micha447 wrote:

This also happened to me 4 months after they had already took payment via auto pay.  I had to open a ticket and they had to delete the credit card/reset the account then I was able to add the card again and it all has worked correctly since.  "cross fingers".   I hope this helps.

Autopay sometimes fail. To prevent you from losing service, the recommendation from the PM forum is to make a payment a few days before your renewal date to cover the cost of the plan. The renewal will take the money out of your Available Funds and you can leave your cc on file for the autopay reward.

OR to avoid the auto pay glitch. 

Hybrid Prepay your account and keep auto-pay in place.

Try this hybrid customer developed auto-pay system. It works!

Prelude. Keep in mind Public Mobile is owned by Telus. And from what I can see the Public Mobile system was extracted from the Telus Prepaid system. And then obviously modified for use by Public Mobile. The Telus prepaid system had a glitch in it that also followed to Public Mobile. The glitch is that every now and then the system does not take your auto-pay. I managed 2 Telus prepaid accounts for approximately 10 years and hit the glitch with Telus 2 or 3 times. Not bad! And a call to Telus for a quick and efficient known fix! As does Public Mobile. But to avoid that while on Telus I began to pay in advance. And some may find that paying 30, 60, 90 or 120 days in advance to avoid the glitch, (that appears to not be on Telus’s agenda to correct), an advantage to ensure continuous service or for other reasons that meet your needs.  Choose a method to pay in advance that is suitable to you. And one that fits into your bill payment regimen. Keep in mind the advance payment may be less in some months due to Rewards earned. 

Back to the hybrid solution.

For your future use and thought. Since we all depend on our mobile devices we need to have reliable service so here is a method to insure yourself to avoid the insufficient funds situation. And this is also a way to control “YOUR personally customized  payment schedule date” to be the SAME date every month.

Manually pay at least an extra 30 days (or more) ahead. Leave auto pay in place (just in case) as that alone gives you $2 auto-pay reward and if auto-pay is NOT used you will still get the $2 reward. Then when you receive your text that your account has been paid, that then becomes your reminder to prepay again. Print (or make note of) the text of your successful payment and use it to pay again right away or hold it to pay on “YOUR personally customized payment schedule date” of the month. Depending on the accumulation of any earned (vs expected) credits you may occasionally downward adjust the amount you prepay. Do a screen print (or make a note of) of your text and treat it like a bill to pay. 

Ps. This would also ensure that if you had to wait ‘the process” for a voucher to be valid on your account, that anxiety won’t set in as you will have time to wait it out before your next 30 day term payment is due.

Pps. Set up on your mobile phone calendar when your next payment is due as per your “My Account” and have it repeat every 30 days. Ie. Lenore’s PM Payment Due. Then search your calendar for “Lenore’s PM Payment Due” and you will have a nice screen print to show the next months exact payment date.

©️2020

@micha447 wrote:

This also happened to me 4 months after they had already took payment via auto pay.  I had to open a ticket and they had to delete the credit card/reset the account then I was able to add the card again and it all has worked correctly since.  "cross fingers".   I hope this helps.

Autopay sometimes fail. To prevent you from losing service, the recommendation from the PM forum is to make a payment a few days before your renewal date to cover the cost of the plan. The renewal will take the money out of your Available Funds and you can leave your cc on file for the autopay reward.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Serge_G1 

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

Enter the credit card address "exactly" as it appears on your statement.

Leave the apartment field blank. If needed enter your apartment number in the street address field.

Note: The credit card will get locked after a few failed attempts. You will then have to contact a moderator for assistance to have it unlocked.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Serge_G1 by any chance has the credit card expired or replaced because it was compromised? Have you recently received a replacement credit card? If yes, you have to update it online or replace it with the new information. 

micha447

Mattredwingsfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Why don't you go back into your account and replace your credit card number again maybe you made a mistake when you first entered it and it still registered by accident. Just go back to the payment section in your account and go down to the bottom of the page where you will see in tiny letters where to change your credit card click on that and you can replace your card number. Then try adding $1 so you will know it will work and not fail on auto pay. Or do like me and just pay ahead of time.

Cheers & Good Luck

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

Serge_G1

Also wanted to add that I tried with 2 different credit cards 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.