cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to 'Change Sim Card' in My Account.

MrSnide
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

OK. I destroyed my old phone. I put the micro sim in an old phone to use while I waited on the new phone to arrive. When it did, I found that it needed a nano sim card and all I had was the micro sim. So I went to London Drugs and bought a new sim card. I log into my account, and I find a place to "Change Sim Card". Great. Except that doesn't seem to work. I re-enter the sim card number, double-check it, press submit and I get this :

Generic Error

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

I follow the suggestion to log out and try again. I get the same error every time.

Now what?

How do I register my new sim card to my existing account?

6 REPLIES 6

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi Melanie66!

I just sent you a private message 😉 

Thank you 

anya
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Melanie66 Best remove your tel number from your post (this is a public forum). If you are able to log into your account online, there is a link to change your SIM. If you cannot log in, private message the moderators for help switching SIMs.

Give them your phone and/or your account number and explain you don’t have your PIN. Provide any 3 of the following instead of your PIN:  Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount.   Community Moderators are available from Monday to Friday 9am ( EDT ) to 9pm ( EDT ) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am ( EDT ) to 7:30pm ( EDT ) Response times are usually between 1 - 3 hours, but in peak periods, could be as much as 48 hours.

Melanie66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Having troubles cuz my phone got  stolen a month ago   I just got a new  one  and a new sim card  need to activate with my number of  6133636259  don't have texted pin that was  Givin when account  was  newly purchased ..

MrSnide
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hold the phone!

(hehehe)

I retried it and received a Sim Card Change Succesful [sic] message!

It still showed my old sim card number so I entered it AGAIN and got the same "succesful" message and it now shows the new sim card number on mu account. I think I am good to go...

@daredogg  I am using the latest Firefox with AdBlock abd Privacy Badger add-ons. It eventually worked so it may have been just a server thing...

Cheers

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I suggest clearing browser cache and giving it one more try.  If the result is the same, then you will need moderator team assistance to complete the SIM card change.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please complete the account authentication for moderator support using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

This really shouldn't matter... but did you try a different browser?!  Your issue sounds "server related," so I'm wondering if the data isn't being submitted properly through whatever browser you're using. Just an idea... Robot Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.