cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugrade Phone Plan Brings New Issues

JamesSpawn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Community,

Since I upgraded my plan (3G 4lte) two weeks ago on my Samsung S7 I have gotten new issues.  The phone call quality sounds like a tin can, I continuously hear a Windows notification (pop up window) sound in the background... about every minute and a half and now I randomly do not recieve text messages.  The Girlfriend displayed a whole list of texts that she sent me and I would only get every other one.  Hopefully the community can help but I think this is more of a Public Mobile issue that they need to address.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JamesSpawn FYI throttling isn't dependent upon how much data you have used.  All of your plan data is either at the full (unthrottled) speed like your previous plan, or at the throttled 3Mbps ("3G-like") speed, depending which data option you selected in your new plan. But you're right that either way, your calling and texting should not be affected. I don't really have an explanation.  I've heard of people loosing services entirely when changing plans, but never the type of issues you're reporting.  Out of curiosity, what is your phone's brand and model?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

JamesSpawn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi ,

My previous pllan was a grandfathered 1GB 4LTE plan.  With the new plan I am only at 700MB and therefore should not be throttled at all so I don't think this is the problem.  However, if you were to tell me that they converted me to VOIP, that may explain the continuous pop up sound that I now have but even at that, I shouldn't be hearing that.  If I was a paranoid person (which I am not) it reminds me of the days when someone would pick up the other line, stay quiet and accidently get a pop up box on their computer.. same phone sound quality too.  This also doesn't explain the missing messages.  An ongoing issue that I have since I signed up 5 years ago also is when I send a message and get a response, the message goes above the one I sent and shows a time stamp that's earlier than the one I just sent to them.

Thanks!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JamesSpawn wrote:

Hello Community,

Since I upgraded my plan (3G 4lte) two weeks ago on my Samsung S7 I have gotten new issues.  The phone call quality sounds like a tin can, I continuously hear a Windows notification (pop up window) sound in the background... about every minute and a half and now I randomly do not recieve text messages.  The Girlfriend displayed a whole list of texts that she sent me and I would only get every other one.  Hopefully the community can help but I think this is more of a Public Mobile issue that they need to address.

Thanks!

Restart you phone.  If it does not help, try the lost/stolen phone trick to provision your plan features again.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JamesSpawn, what was your previous plan?  There's really no quality difference from one plan to another on this sevice.  The speed throttling on the 3G plans don't affect calling quality or text messaging.  Only data speed is affected which doesn't really account to much. 

Need Help? Let's chat.