cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US travel

hgervais453
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi neighbours of the community I am wondering I am going to the states for a week and I want to know if I purchase the $15 roaming text and talk plan or add-on am I fully covered to be able to call Canada and not worry about extra cost. Also does anybody know about my data does it allow me is surf safely in the states or do I need to buy a roaming fee for the states

10 REPLIES 10

totaltw

As lojg as you get the add on for both data and calls you will be fine. However if you don't get the data add-on it will not work south of the boarder

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You will need to buy a US roaming data plan while in the US and you can find one by clicking Add Ons.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Milk wrote:

@hgervais453 wrote:

Hi neighbours of the community I am wondering I am going to the states for a week and I want to know if I purchase the $15 roaming text and talk plan or add-on am I fully covered to be able to call Canada and not worry about extra cost. Also does anybody know about my data does it allow me is surf safely in the states or do I need to buy a roaming fee for the states

If you have an iPhone I would just use iMessage to text and Face Time to make voice calls.

Those ideas are not iphone specific. There are programs available for other phone OS's that use wifi also.

Milk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@hgervais453 wrote:

If you have an iPhone I would just use iMessage to text and Face Time to make voice calls.

mabmarkus

Hello,

I've used the 15 dollar roaming txt/talk add on and been able to call both within the US and back to Canada..so no problem there.

Yeah, depending on what add on you get for example there is an add on for I think 250mb only of data in the US? WHen you hit the 250, you can buy another add on or not it's up to you. For what you said in your tag question: No, your data on your regular plan that you use in canada on PM won't be able to be used in the US - as far as I know and in my own personal experience!! 🙂

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@hgervais453 wrote:

Hi neighbours of the community I am wondering I am going to the states for a week and I want to know if I purchase the $15 roaming text and talk plan or add-on am I fully covered to be able to call Canada and not worry about extra cost.

@hgervais453  Yes, that is correct your will be able to call and text anywhere in the US and Canada for 10 days without sny additionsl charge.

does anybody know about my data does it allow me is surf safely in the states or do I need to buy a roaming fee for the states

No your data will not work in the US. You will need to buy an US Roaming data addon. Your options are:

US Roaming
For 10 Days

U.S. Talk, Text and 250 MB Data bundle: $20
U.S. Data Only: 250MB for $10, 500MB for $15, 1GB for $20

june1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recommend $20 roaming addon with 250mb data, it allows you surf 250 web pages, facebook or emails.

Herowzx45
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi, 

i had purchared use roaming talk and text add on for my last trip in the beginning of this year, do not need to worry about extra cost, fully cover, however you can't use data if you didn't buy us roaming data. by the way,  you need to restart your phone ( at least iphone and samsung) after you cross the boarder, enjoy your us trip, happy holiday.

Kelvin87

Hi!

From my experience with other carriers that feature $15 roaming text and talk plan would cover your minutes and texting for 10 days in the United States. 
Depending on your plan if you have the $15 plan it will only cover 100 minutes outgoing calls. But you can talk as long as you'd like (10 days) if its a incoming call. 

If you have the Public Mobile plan that has unlimited minutes then you can make outgoing and incoming calls all you like (10 days).

You still get unlimited text in both scenarios. Make sure you add at least the $15 roaming text and talk bundle!

It doesnt cover internet roaming though! So I would suggest the $20 bundle which does include 250mb of data in the United States. 

Hopefully you're only there for 10 days. If more, you'll probably need to add the bundle again on day 10.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@hgervais453 wrote:

You are correct that there's no surprise costs.  This service is prepaid, there's never a surprise charge.  If you buy an add-on with data, you will be able to surf the web.  The cost of the add-on is the "roaming charge".  

Need Help? Let's chat.